Topics similar to or like Danes (Germanic tribe)
The Danes were a North Germanic tribe inhabiting southern Scandinavia, including the area now comprising Denmark proper, and the Scanian provinces of modern-day southern Sweden, during the Nordic Iron Age and the Viking Age. Wikipedia
Sentences forDanes (Germanic tribe)
- Later in that century escalating attacks by the Danes culminated in the conquest of the north and east of England, overthrowing the kingdoms of Northumbria, Mercia and East Anglia.
- Jordanes describes the Suetidi and Dani as being of the same stock and the tallest of people.
- England's southern coast was vulnerable to Danish Viking invasions during the eighth and ninth centuries, and was conquered by Danish pirates in 787.
- It is usually thought to be derived from Taani-linn(a), (meaning 'Danish-town) (Castrum Danorum), after the Danes built the castle in place of the Estonian stronghold at Lindanisse.
- This is centered primarily on the prefix "Dan" and whether it refers to the Dani or a historical person Dan and the exact meaning of the -"mark" ending.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Danes (Germanic tribe)