F1 drivers similar to or like Danny Ongais
American former racing driver. Wikipedia
American former racing driver who raced for almost 30 years in Formula One, sports cars, CART, and the Indy Racing League. Cheever participated in 143 Formula One World Championship races and started 132, more than any other American, driving for nine different teams from 1978 through 1989. Wikipedia
British former racing driver who won both the Formula One World Championship (1992) and the CART Indy Car World Series (1993). The reigning F1 champion when he moved over to CART, becoming the first person to win the CART title in his debut season, and making him the only person to hold both the World Drivers' Championship and the American open-wheel National Championship simultaneously. Wikipedia
Sentences forDanny Ongais
- In 1987, Penske driver Danny Ongais got taken out of the race due to injuries and former Penske driver Al Unser was tabbed as a temporary replacement.
- After a nine-year absence, IndyCars returned to the Toronto area for the Molson Diamond Indy at Mosport Park won by A. J. Foyt in 1977 and Danny Ongais in 1978.
- The outing included a 24-hour run on a 10 mi course at an average speed of 157 mph. Drivers were Mickey Thompson, Danny Ongais, Ray Brock, and Bob Ottum.
- Danny Ongais was only able to complete 17 laps in his only run at the wheel of the #32 before the race, finishing 7th with a best lap of 226.364 mph.
- In 1978 the team entered cars for Danny Ongais and Lamberto Leoni, but Ongais left after two races and Leoni after four races.
- Danny Ongais substituted in the car on race day; in accordance with USAC rules Ongais had to start at the rear of the field.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Danny Ongais