Royalties similar to or like David
Described in the Hebrew Bible as king of the United Monarchy of Israel and Judah. Wikipedia
Solomon (שְׁלֹמֹה, Shlomoh), also called Jedidiah (Hebrew Yedidyah), was, according to the Hebrew Bible or Old Testament, Quran, and Hadiths, a fabulously wealthy and wise king of the United Kingdom of Israel who succeeded his father, King David. The conventional dates of Solomon's reign are about 970 to 931 BCE, normally given in alignment with the dates of David's reign. Wikipedia
The Book of Samuel forms part of the narrative history of Israel in the Nevi'im or "prophets" section of the Hebrew Bible/Old Testament called the Deuteronomistic history, a series of books (Joshua, Judges, Samuel, and Kings) that constitute a theological history of the Israelites and aim to explain God's law for Israel under the guidance of the prophets. Written by Samuel, with additions by the prophets Gad and Nathan. Wikipedia
The Hebrew Bible and the New Testament contain narratives, poetry, and instruction describing, encouraging, commanding, condemning, rewarding, punishing and regulating violent actions by God, individuals, groups, governments, and nation-states. Among the violent acts included are war, human sacrifice, animal sacrifice, murder, rape, genocide, and criminal punishment. Wikipedia
- In any event, once the doctrine of the virgin birth of Jesus became established, that tradition superseded the earlier tradition that he was descended from David through Joseph.
- For instance, the title "Queen Mother" has been given to Mary since she was the mother of Jesus, who was sometimes referred to as the "King of Kings" due to his ancestral descent from King David.
- When the people pressured Saul into going against a command conveyed to him by Samuel, God told Samuel to appoint David in his stead.
- Replicas of two earlier David_(Donatello)">Davids by Donatello and Verrocchio, are also included, although for conservation reasons the Verrocchio replica is displayed in a glass case.
- In, Yahweh sends the "Angel of Yahweh" to inflict a plague against Israel for three days, killing 70,000 people as punishment for David having taken a census without his approval.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: David