Motor races similar to or like Daytona 500
500 mi NASCAR Cup Series motor race held annually at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. Wikipedia
Daytona 500 pole position winners for the NASCAR Cup Series's Daytona 500 are rewarded with being the driver to lead the field across the start line at the beginning of the 200-lap 500 mi race. Held one weekend before the race at the Daytona International Speedway. Wikipedia
This article documents historical records, statistics, and race recaps of the Daytona 500, held annually at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. The table below summarizes the pace cars, Grand Marshals, Honorary Starters, and performers of the national anthem at the Daytona 500. Wikipedia
NASCAR Grand National Series race held on February 23, 1969, at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. Race track in Daytona Beach, Florida, that is one of six superspeedways to hold NASCAR races, the others being Michigan International Speedway, Auto Club Speedway, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Pocono Raceway and Talladega Superspeedway. Wikipedia
Held on February 17 at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida as the first of 36 races of the 2002 Winston Cup Season. Rookie Jimmie Johnson, driving the No. 48 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports, won the pole with fellow Daytona 500 rookie Kevin Harvick qualifying second, making this the first time the field would be led by two first-time Daytona 500 participants. Wikipedia
American former professional stock car racing driver, currently an announcer for Fox NASCAR, and a top executive for Hendrick Motorsports. He raced full-time from 1993 to 2015, driving the No. 24 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports in the former NASCAR Winston Cup Series and Sprint Cup Series (now called NASCAR Cup Series), and also served as a substitute driver for Dale Earnhardt Jr. in the No. 88 Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports in select races during the 2016 season. Wikipedia
The 60th season of professional stock car racing in the United States and the 37th modern-era Cup season. Contested over thirty-six races, and began on February 9 at Daytona International Speedway with the Budweiser Shootout exhibition race, followed by the 50th Daytona 500 on February 17. Wikipedia
American former stock car driver and current racing commentator, who raced from 1978 to 2014 in the former NASCAR Winston Cup and Sprint Cup Series (now called the NASCAR Cup Series). Older brother of 2000 Cup Series champion Bobby Labonte, and the father of former Nationwide Series driver Justin Labonte. Wikipedia
The 59th season of professional stock car racing in the United States and the 36th modern-era Cup series. Beginning on February 10 at Daytona International Speedway with the Budweiser Shootout, the season ended on November 18 at Homestead-Miami Speedway with the Ford 400. Wikipedia
American stock car racing driver Jeff Gordon enjoyed a successful career in the Cup Series, the top category of NASCAR. Gordon spent his entire driving career with Hendrick Motorsports, making 797 starts between 1992 and 2015 in the No. 24 Chevrolet for 24 seasons. Wikipedia
Sentences forDaytona 500
- The Daytona 500, the most prestigious race, had a television audience of about 9.17 million U.S. viewers in 2019.
- Since opening in 1959, it has been the home of the Daytona 500, the most prestigious race in NASCAR as well as its season opening event.
- Daytona 500 winner Ryan Newman graduated from Purdue with a bachelor's degree in vehicle structure engineering.
- Since 1982, the Daytona 500 has been the first non-exhibition race of the year.
- The Daytona 500 also marked his first race with Earl Barban as the spotter, who would end up winning five championships with Johnson and the No. 48 team.
- NBC televised the second half of the season and alternated coverage of the Daytona 500 with Fox.
- Rights to the Daytona 500 and Pepsi 400 alternated annually, with Fox airing the 500 in odd-numbered years, and the 400 in even-numbered years.
- An Electra 225 paced the Daytona 500 race in both 1960 and 1963.
- The series became a part of Daytona Speedweeks in 1964 at the request of Bill France, allowing the series to open its season alongside the Daytona 500.
- He is a two-time Daytona 500 winner (2004 and 2014), and has won the Most Popular Driver Award fifteen consecutive times from 2003 to 2017.
- Stewart began the 2008 season with a 6th-place start in the Daytona 500.
- Hamlin started the 2007 Cup season by finishing 28th in the Daytona 500.
- Kenseth outran Earnhardt in the season-opening Daytona 500.
- Johnson is also a two-time winner of the Daytona 500, winning in 2006 and 2013.
- He is the 2014 NASCAR Cup Series champion, as well as the 2001, and 2006 Xfinity Series champion and 2007 Daytona 500 winner.
- He also won the Daytona 500 three times in 1997, 1999, and 2005.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Daytona 500