Terrorist attacks similar to or like Deal barracks bombing
Attack by the Provisional Irish Republican Army on the Royal Marine Depot, Deal, England. Wikipedia
Provisional Irish Republican Army assassination attempt against the top tier of the British government that occurred on 12 October 1984 at the Grand Brighton Hotel in Brighton, England. Planted in the hotel by IRA member Patrick Magee, with the purpose of killing Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and her cabinet, who were staying at the hotel for the Conservative Party conference. Wikipedia
Sentences forDeal barracks bombing
- A further eleven died in the Deal barracks bombing of the Royal Marines School of Music in 1989.
- On several more occasions, the Provisional IRA attacked British troops stationed in England, the most lethal of which was the Deal barracks bombing, in which 11 Royal Marines Band Service bandsmen were killed in 1989.
- Eleven band members at the school were killed during the Deal barracks bombing of 1989.
- Terrorists scored successes against a number of defence installations from the 1972 Aldershot Bombing to the 1989 Deal barracks bombing.
- During the 19th and early 20th centuries Deal enjoyed a higher status than now as a resort and, with extensive Royal Marine barracks, was a terminating/originating point for a number of trains travelling routes that seem unusual nowadays.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Deal barracks bombing