Topics similar to or like Decolonization
Undoing of colonialism, the latter being the process whereby a nation establishes and maintains its domination of foreign territories (often overseas territories ). Wikipedia
The French colonial empire (Empire colonial français) comprised the overseas colonies, protectorates and mandate territories that came under French rule from the 16th century onward. Generally made between the "First French Colonial Empire," that existed until 1814, by which time most of it had been lost or sold, and the "Second French Colonial Empire", which began with the conquest of Algiers in 1830. Wikipedia
Juridically independent area in western Europe, and forms part of the Commonwealth of Nations as a British overseas territory. Inhabited by various groups, including Phoenicians, Romans, Vandals, and Visigoths, until 711 when the Muslim conquest of the peninsula began with the invasion of Gibraltar. Wikipedia
- While European powers attempted to retain some or all of their colonial empires, their losses of prestige and resources during the war rendered this unsuccessful, leading to decolonisation.
- His thought and revolution inspired many leaders and people on a global scale in Asia, Africa and Latin America during the decolonization movement which occurred after World War II.
- UNIDO was established in 1966 by the UN General Assembly to promote and accelerate the industrialization of developing countries, which were emerging from decolonization in record numbers and with little to no industrial base.
- Decolonization and the ongoing political relationship between Curaçao and the Netherlands have also been sites of tension.
- Japan's victory against Russia would act as an antecedent for Asian countries in the fight against the Western powers for Decolonization.
- The term New Commonwealth has been used in the UK (especially in the 1960s and 1970s) to refer to recently decolonised countries, predominantly non-white and developing.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Decolonization