NFL teams similar to or like Detroit Lions
The Detroit Lions are a professional American football team based in Detroit, Michigan. Wikipedia
Throughout its history, the National Football League (NFL) and other rival American football leagues have used several different formats to determine their league champions, including a period of inter-league matchups determining a true national champion. Following its founding in 1920, the NFL first determined champions through end-of-season standings, but switched to a playoff system in 1933. Wikipedia
The history of the Detroit Lions, a professional American football franchise based in Detroit, Michigan, dates back to 1928 when they played in Portsmouth, Ohio as the Spartans. In 2020, they began their 91st season, continuing to be one of the National Football League's oldest franchises. Wikipedia
Sentences forDetroit Lions
- On December 3, against the Detroit Lions, the Packers quickly fell to a 20–0 deficit going into halftime.
- Two new downtown stadiums for the Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions opened in 2000 and 2002, respectively, returning the Lions to the city proper.
- In the Wild Card Round, the Eagles played at home and overwhelmed the Detroit Lions 58–37, with 31 of Philadelphia's points coming in the second quarter alone.
- On January 4, 2015, the Cowboys, as the number 3 seed, hosted the number 6 seed Detroit Lions in the wild card round of the NFL playoffs.
- The Detroit Lions rivalry began in the 1950s, when the Browns and Lions played each other in four NFL championships.
- The team would go throwback again for two Thanksgiving Day games against the Detroit Lions, in blue and gold 1930s-era uniforms in 2001, and 1960s green and gold (only slightly different from the current ones) in 2003.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Detroit Lions