Settlements similar to or like Dhaka
Capital and the largest city of Bangladesh. Wikipedia
Geopolitical, cultural and historical region located in South Asia, specifically in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent at the apex of the Bay of Bengal, of what is now considered as Bangladesh and West Bengal. Made up by the Ganges-Brahmaputra delta system, the largest such formation in the world; along with mountains in its north bordering the Himalayan states of Nepal and Bhutan and east bordering Burma. Wikipedia
- Among those urban areas, Dhaka is the largest city by population and area, with a population of 19.10 million.
- The most important center of cotton production was the Bengal province, particularly around its capital city of Dhaka.
- Dhaka, the capital and largest city, is the nation's economic, political and cultural hub.
- Simultaneously, East Bengal (including Sylhet and the Hill Tracts) was redesignated as East Pakistan, with Dacca serving as its provincial capital.
- Other countries maintain informal diplomatic contact via their embassies in New Delhi and Dhaka.
- On 3 March 1971, the two leaders of the two wings along with the President General Yahya Khan met in Dacca to decide the fate of the country.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Dhaka