Topics similar to or like Direct democracy
Form of democracy in which people decide on policy initiatives directly. Wikipedia
Participatory democracy or participative democracy emphasizes the broad participation of constituents in the direction and operation of political systems. Etymological roots of democracy (Greek demos and kratos) imply that the people are in power and thus that all democracies are participatory. Wikipedia
Political philosophy supporting political democracy within a socially owned economy, with a particular emphasis on economic democracy, workplace democracy and workers' self-management within a market socialist economy or some form of a decentralised planned socialist economy. Inherently incompatible with the values of freedom, equality and solidarity and that these ideals can only be achieved through the realisation of a socialist society. Wikipedia
Form of government in which the people have the authority to choose their governing legislators. Considered part of the people and how authority is shared among or delegated by the people have changed over time and at different speeds in different countries, but they have included more and more of the inhabitants of all countries. Wikipedia
Hypothetical form of government presenting an extreme of power exercised directly by citizens. It should not to be confused with "power democracy" as found in the Swiss political system (in which elective activities for the adjustment of social/political matters are more frequent than in other democracies). Wikipedia
Sentences forDirect democracy
- It is run as a democratic community; the running of the school is conducted in the school meetings, which anyone, staff or pupil, may attend, and at which everyone has an equal vote.
- A small amount of evidence suggests the existence of an assembly of the army during times of war and a people's assembly during times of peace.
- In one instance, a direct democratic vote of trillions – the entire population – decided The Culture would go to war with a rival civilisation.
- Direct democracy has been declared in the country and oil revenues make it possible to maintain a high standard of living for the Libyan population.
- But for large political entities, the democratic reform trilemma makes it difficult for any system of decision-making based on political equality to involve both deliberation and inclusive participation.
- Sierra Leone is a constitutional republic with a directly elected president and a unicameral legislature.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Direct democracy