Topics similar to or like Dissolution of Czechoslovakia
The self-determined split of the federal republic of Czechoslovakia into the independent countries of the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Wikipedia
Joint invasion of Czechoslovakia by five Warsaw Pact countries – the Soviet Union, Poland, Bulgaria, East Germany and Hungary – on the night of 20–21 August 1968. Approximately 500,000 Warsaw Pact troops attacked Czechoslovakia that night, with Romania and Albania refusing to participate. Wikipedia
Sentences forDissolution of Czechoslovakia
- When Czechoslovakia peacefully split in 1993, the Czech Republic remained in Pool A but Slovakia (Slovak Republic) was placed in Pool C (now Division II).
- Czechoslovakia was restored in 1945 until 1 January 1993 when it dissolved with its constituent states becoming the independent states of the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Following the Velvet Divorce and creation of the Slovak Republic, Košice became the second-largest city in the country and became a seat of a constitutional court.
- In 1993, the city became the capital of the newly formed Slovak Republic following the Velvet Divorce.
- The Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic went their separate ways after 1 January 1993, an event sometimes called the Velvet Divorce.
- After the separation of Slovakia and the Czech Republic in 1993, Slovan played in the Slovak Extraliga and won eight championship titles over 19 years.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Dissolution of Czechoslovakia