Topics similar to or like Doggerland
Area of land, now submerged beneath the southern North Sea, that connected Great Britain to continental Europe. Wikipedia
Sea of the Atlantic Ocean located between Great Britain , Denmark, Norway, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and France. An epeiric (or "shelf") sea on the European continental shelf, it connects to the ocean through the English Channel in the south and the Norwegian Sea in the north. Wikipedia
- It is thought that people came from Doggerland, the North Sea land area between Denmark and England, which disappeared when the ice retreated and sea levels rose.
- The sea level was about 120 m lower than today, and the bed of the North Sea was dry and acted as a land bridge, now known as Doggerland, to the Continent.
- The region was re-inhabited after the last glacial period of Quaternary glaciation, by 12,000 BC, when Great Britain was still part of a peninsula of the European continent.
- Pine expanded into Scotland between 8,000 and 8,500 years ago either from an independent refuge, from Scandinavia (via Doggerland) or from Ireland.
- Here it entered a substantial freshwater lake in the southern North Sea basin, south of what is called Doggerland.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Doggerland