People similar to or like Don Wilson (announcer)
American announcer and actor in radio and television, with a Falstaffian vocal presence, remembered best as the rotund announcer and comic foil to the star of The Jack Benny Program. Wikipedia
American radio and television announcer who was best known as the voice who announced for the television shows Leave It to Beaver and Ozzie and Harriet. Also the announcer for the first radio sitcom by Lucille Ball, My Favorite Husband, as well as for the first television pilot episode of I Love Lucy. Wikipedia
Sentences forDon Wilson (announcer)
- Announcer Don Wilson was to say he heard Jack had brought a new lawsuit against Drew Pearson, but misspoke Pearson's name: "Drear Pewson."
- Early in the show, announcer Don Wilson mispronounced columnist Drew Pearson's name as "Drear Pooson," which got a big laugh.
- The Cutlers go fishing with friends (Don Wilson and Lurene Tuttle) in a launch on a section of the Niagara River above the Falls.
- In honor of Valentine's Day 1959, Western Union introduced the Candygram, a box of chocolates accompanying a telegram that was featured in a commercial with the rotund Don Wilson.
- Don Wilson also released children's records.
- For its airings on the U.S. Armed Forces Radio Service (for which it was retitled Hollywood Radio Theater), the program was hosted by Don Wilson in the early 1950s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Don Wilson (announcer)