Military conflicts similar to or like Donbass Strategic Offensive (July 1943)
Military campaign fought in the Donets Basin from 17 July 1943 and 2 August 1943 between the German and Soviet armed forces on the Eastern Front of World War II. Wikipedia
Strategic offensive executed by the Soviet 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Ukrainian Fronts, along with the 2nd Belorussian Front, against the German Army Group South and Army Group A, and fought from 24 December 1943 – 17 April 1944. The battles on the right-bank Ukraine and in the Crimea were the most important event of the 1944 winter-spring campaign on the Eastern Front. Wikipedia
Red Army operation on the Eastern Front of World War II that led to battles in the North Caucasus and Donets Basin regions of the Soviet Union from December 1942 to February 1943. The success of Operation Uranus, launched on 19 November 1942, had trapped 250,000–300,000 troops of General Friedrich Paulus' German 6th Army and parts of General Hoth’s 4th Panzer Army in Stalingrad. Wikipedia
In the Battle of Stalingrad (23 August 19422 February 1943), Germany and its allies fought the Soviet Union for control of the city of Stalingrad (now Volgograd) in Southern Russia. One of the bloodiest battles in the history of warfare, with an estimated 2 million total casualties. Wikipedia
Sentences forDonbass Strategic Offensive (July 1943)
- However it was not put into action here but instead was transferred south to defend against the Soviet Donbass Offensive.
- Diversionary attacks, launched two weeks earlier across the Donets and Mius Rivers into the Donbass, drew the attention of German reserves and thinned the defending forces that would face the main blow.
- It participated in the Rostov Offensive, the Donbass Strategic Offensive, and the Melitopol Offensive during this period.
- Tsalikov was decorated for his leadership of the division in the latter, the Donbass Strategic Offensive, and the Crimean Offensive.
- During the Donbass Strategic Offensive, II.
- The army fought in the Izyum-Barvenkovo_Offensive">Izyum-Barvenkovo Offensive in July, during which the division fought in fierce fighting on the Izyum bridgehead in the Donbass during the Donbass Strategic Offensive.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Donbass Strategic Offensive (July 1943)