Video games similar to or like Dota 2
Multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Valve. Wikipedia
Subgenre of strategy video games in which two teams of players compete against each other on a predefined battlefield. Each player controls a single character with a set of unique abilities that improve over the course of a game and which contribute to the team's overall strategy. Wikipedia
Team-based multiplayer first-person shooter developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. Described as a "hero shooter", Overwatch assigns players into two teams of six, with each player selecting from a large roster of characters, known as "heroes", with unique abilities. Wikipedia
Multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) mod for the video game Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos (2002) and its expansion, The Frozen Throne. For each team to destroy their opponents' Ancient, a heavily guarded structure at the opposing corner of the map, which is based on the "Aeon of Strife" map for StarCraft. Wikipedia
Multiplayer first-person shooter video game developed by Valve and Hidden Path Entertainment. Fourth game in the Counter-Strike series and was released for Windows, macOS, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 in August 2012, while the Linux version was released in 2014. Wikipedia
Crossover multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment and released on June 2, 2015, for Microsoft Windows and macOS. The game features various characters from Blizzard's franchises as playable heroes, as well as different battlegrounds based on Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft, and Overwatch universes. Wikipedia
Free-to-play, third-person multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. In Smite, players control a god, goddess, or other mythological figure, and take part in team-based combat, using their abilities and tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player-controlled minions. Wikipedia
Esports are video games which are played in professional competitions, usually fall into a few major genres. The majority of esports titles are fighting games, first-person shooters (FPS), real-time strategy (RTS), or multiplayer online battle arena games (MOBA), with the MOBA genre being the most popular in terms of participation and viewership. Wikipedia
Free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Carbon Games for Microsoft Windows, with Android and VR version in the works. Fully released in March 2018 under the name AirMech Strike, and additionally released a version on the Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 under the name AirMech Arena. Wikipedia
Multiplayer online battle arena video game developed by S2 Games. S2 Games' second MOBA game aimed to a more casual player base than Heroes of Newerth, most notably incorporating various gameplay elements that focus on heavily reducing player toxicity and introducing persistent mechanics outside of the arena, including Pets and Crafting. Wikipedia
Series of first-person puzzle-platform video games developed by Valve. Set in the Half-Life universe, the two main games in the series, Portal (2007) and Portal 2 (2011), center on a woman, Chell, forced to undergo a series of tests within the Aperture Science Enrichment Center by a malicious artificial intelligence, GLaDOS, that controls the facility. Wikipedia
High fantasy real-time strategy computer video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment released in July 2002. Second sequel to Warcraft: Orcs & Humans, after Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness, the third game set in the Warcraft fictional universe, and the first to be rendered in three dimensions. Wikipedia
Sentences forDota 2
- Dota 2 became Valve's third published title available for the Steam Workshop in June 2012; its features include customizable accessories, character skins, and announcer packs.
- In the video game Dota 2 created by Valve, Lina the Slayer's dying voice line "Turn me over... I'm done" is a reference to Lawrence of Rome.
- Dota 2 competitions often use a GSL or round-robin group stage to seed teams into a double-elimination bracket.
- Jackson described League of Legends rate of unlock for champions as "a model of generosity", but less than DotA sequel, Dota 2 (2013), produced by Valve, wherein characters are unlocked by default.
- IceFrog led the development of a sequel not associated with the Warcraft elements, Dota 2.
- The International 2017, a Dota 2 tournament with the largest prize pool in eSport history, was primarily streamed through Twitch, having a peak of over five million concurrent viewers.
- By November 2017, more than half of the Steam userbase was fluent in Chinese, an effect created by the large popularity of Dota 2 and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds in the country, and several developers have reported that Chinese players make up up to 30% of the total players for their games.
- Valve then subsequently filed trademarks towards a sequel to DotA, titled Dota 2.
- He is also featured as a secret unlockable character in the 2014 video game Goat Simulator as "deadgoa7" His music has been included in other video game titles, including a custom soundtrack for Dota 2.
- On July 23, 2015, Valve announced that Deadmau5 was creating a series of sound clips to be featured in their video game Dota 2.
- Valve stated it would continue to work on improving the discovery process for users, taking principles they learned in providing transparency for matchmaking in Dota 2 to make the process better, and using that towards Steam storefront procedures to help refine their algorithms with user feedback.
- Skins can also be obtained in similar ways to the items in Team Fortress 2 and Dota 2 in the sense that they are dropped randomly.
- Shortly after Valve filed its trademark for "Dota" to secure the franchising rights for Dota 2, DotA-Allstars, LLC, run by former contributors to the games's predecessor, Defense of the Ancients, filed an opposing trademark in August 2010.
- In April 2019, the location hosted a Dota 2 esports tournament.
- In September 2013, Valve added general support for LAN play to Dota 2 in a patch for the game.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Dota 2