Topics similar to or like Drag queen
Person, usually male, who uses drag clothing and makeup to imitate and often exaggerate female gender signifiers and gender roles for entertainment purposes. Wikipedia
Drag queen who identifies as a cisgender woman, a transgender man, or as a nonbinary person who was assigned female at birth ("AFAB"). These performers are generally indistinguishable from the more common cisgender male or transgender (MTF) drag queens in artistic style and techniques. Wikipedia
Gender roles in non-heterosexual communities are a topic of much debate; some people believe traditional, heterosexual gender roles are often erroneously enforced on non-heterosexual relationships by means of heteronormative culture and attitudes towards these non-conformative relationships. Gender roles in non-heterosexual communities have been the subject of debate in Western society. Wikipedia
Title that does not indicate the gender of the person being formally addressed, such as in a letter or other communication, or when introducing the person to others. By comparison, the traditional honorifics of Miss, Mrs, Ms and Mr all indicate the binary gender of the individual. Wikipedia
Ball culture, drag ball culture, the house-ballroom community, the ballroom scene or ballroom culture and similar terms describe a young African-American and Latin American underground LGBTQ+ subculture that originated in New York City, in which people "walk" (i.e., compete) for trophies, prizes, and glory at events known as balls. Ball culture consists of events that mix performance, dance, lip-syncing, and modeling. Wikipedia
Traditional gender roles among Native American and First Nations peoples tend to vary greatly by region and community. As with all Pre-Columbian era societies, historical traditions may or may not reflect contemporary attitudes. Wikipedia
New Zealand psychologist, sexologist and author known for his research into sexual identity and biology of gender and his allegedly predatory behavior towards vulnerable patients. One of the first researchers to publish theories on the influence of societal constructs of gender on individual formation of gender identity. Wikipedia
Identity used by some people in Thailand, whose identities in English may be best described as transgender women in some cases, or effeminate gay men in other cases. Transgender women in Thailand mostly use terms other than kathoey when referring to themselves, such as phuying (ผู้หญิง, 'woman'). Wikipedia
Sentences forDrag queen
- The novella's original title attracted several people to audition for the nonexistent role of Rita Hayworth, including a man in drag clothing.
- Jacobson has remained Piggy's principal performer since then, openly describing the role as "one of the most famous drag acts in the business."
- Featuring an all-male cast in drag, The Golden Girls: Live! consisted of two back-to-back episodes of the sitcom: "Break-In" (season one, episode eight) and "Isn't It Romantic?"
- Beery was then cast as Sweedie, a Swedish maid character he played in drag in a series of short comedy films from 1914–16.
- Fierstein won two Tony Awards for Best Actor in a Play and Best Play for Torch Song Trilogy (about a gay drag-performer and his quest for true love and family).
- On Christmas Day, Mark and Roger are visited by Collins and Angel, now in full drag, bearing gifts ("Today 4 U").
- It aired on BBC One Wales from 7 May 2012 and saw him take on jobs such as primary school teacher, zookeeper, drag artist and police officer.
- Much of the documentary centers around drag culture.
- Bowery was the main inspiration for the Tranimal drag movement, which emphasized an animalistic and post-modern take on drag.
- Seeing this, Toddy is struck with the inspiration of passing Victoria off as a man and presenting her to Andre Cassell, the most successful agent in Paris, as a female impersonator.
- Drag queens Lady Bunny and Flotilla DeBarge released a parody of the song, entitled "DAP" (or Dry Ass Pussy), on August 28.
- Drag queens were frequently featured on the show, usually in fun, and some even dressed as Sally impersonators.
- It is also commonly used in drag shows.
- In the mid 1990s, Wednesday night was Fruit Machine, hosted by Miss Kimberly with a strong Drag theme.
- In 2016, he appeared in drag in the Lucy Rose music video for "Nebraska".
- Martha Wash's work has influenced numerous artists although most notably Drag performer and singer RuPaul.
- He entered Diva Rising Star competition in 2002 and won.
- The couple suggests she attend a weekly social/artistic/sexual salon in Brooklyn called "Shortbus," which is hosted by drag artist Justin Bond (playing himself).
- Armand Goldman is the openly-gay owner of a drag club in South Beach called The Birdcage; his life partner Albert, an effeminate and flamboyant man, plays Starina, the star attraction of the club.
- On the other hand, gay bars are usually welcoming of transgender and cross-dressed people, and drag shows are a common feature in many gay bars, even men-only spaces.
- Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova (Екатерина Петровна Замолодчикова), usually known mononymously as Katya (Катя), is the drag persona of Brian Joseph McCook, an American drag queen, actor, author, recording artist, and comedian.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Drag queen