Companies similar to or like DuPont
American company formed by the merger of Dow Chemical and E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company on August 31, 2017, and the subsequent spinoffs of Dow Inc. and Corteva. Wikipedia
American company that was founded in July 1802 in Wilmington, Delaware, as a gunpowder mill by French-American chemist and industrialist Éleuthère Irénée du Pont de Nemours. In the 20th century, DuPont developed many polymers such as Vespel, neoprene, nylon, Corian, Teflon, Mylar, Kapton, Kevlar, Zemdrain, M5 fiber, Nomex, Tyvek, Sorona, Corfam and Lycra. Wikipedia
Major American agricultural chemical and seed company that was the agricultural unit of DowDuPont prior to being spun off as an independent public company. DowDuPont announced the Corteva name in February 2018, saying that it was "derived from a combination of words meaning 'heart' and 'nature.'" Corteva became a public company on June 3, 2019, when DowDuPont distributed Corteva shares to its shareholders. Wikipedia
The S&P 500 stock market index, maintained by S&P Dow Jones Indices, comprises 505 common stocks issued by 500 large-cap companies and traded on American stock exchanges (including the 30 companies that compose the Dow Jones Industrial Average), and covers about 80 percent of the American equity market by capitalization. Weighted by free-float market capitalization, so more valuable companies account for relatively more of the index. Wikipedia
Stock market index that measures the stock performance of 30 large companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States. One of the most commonly followed equity indices, many consider the Dow to be an inadequate representation of the overall U.S. stock market compared to broader market indices such as the S&P 500 Index or Russell 3000 because it includes only 30 large cap companies, is not weighted by market capitalization, and does not use a weighted arithmetic mean. Wikipedia
French-American chemist and industrialist who founded the gunpowder manufacturer E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company. His descendants, the du Pont family, have been one of America's richest and most prominent families since the 19th century, with generations of influential businessmen, politicians and philanthropists. Wikipedia
American chemist whose career has been spent in research and management positions with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company. She has specialized in the science of ceramic materials, including catalysts, proton conductors, superconductors and ceramic packaging for microelectronics. Wikipedia
This list comprises the largest companies in the United States by consolidated revenue as of 2020, according to the Fortune 500 tally. Retail corporation Walmart has been the largest company in the US by revenue since 2014. Wikipedia
Renamed Central Research Department, beginning the history of the premier scientific organization within DuPont and one of the foremost industrial laboratories devoted to basic science. Located primarily at the DuPont Experimental Station and Chestnut Run, in Wilmington, Delaware, it has expanded to include laboratories in Geneva, Switzerland, Seoul, South Korea, Shanghai, China, and India(Hyderabad). Wikipedia
German multinational chemical company and the largest chemical producer in the world. The BASF Group comprises subsidiaries and joint ventures in more than 80 countries and operates six integrated production sites and 390 other production sites in Europe, Asia, Australia, the Americas and Africa. Wikipedia
- In 2010, in its first significant expansion across the Schuylkill River, Penn purchased 23 acres at the northwest corner of 34th Street and Grays Ferry Avenue from DuPont for storage and office space.
- SD Flex Co., Ltd. was founded in October 2004 as a joint venture corporation by Samsung and DuPont, one of the world's largest chemical companies.
- Seagram sold off its stake in DuPont to fund this expansion into the entertainment industry.
- One of the largest employers on Dordrecht Island is DuPont de Nemours (Nederland) B.V. It has 9 factories here with a workforce of 900 people.
- DuPont maintains a production facility in South Richmond known as the Spruance Plant.
- In 1968 DuPont, the inventor of chromium dioxide (CrO2) manufacturing process, began commercialization of CrO2 media.
- Groves recruited DuPont in November 1942 to be the prime contractor for the construction of the plutonium production complex.
- One of Kingston's major industrial employers of the 20th century, the Canadian Locomotive Company, closed in 1969, and the former Alcan and DuPont operations employ far fewer people than in the past.
- In 1964, the Army was informed that DuPont could not mass-produce the IMR 4475 stick powder to the specifications demanded by the M16.
- In 1960, the available custom colors were standardized with a paint chip chart, many of which were Duco automobile lacquer colors from DuPont available at an additional 5% cost.
- In 2007, BP formed with AB Sugar and DuPont a joint venture Vivergo Fuels which opened a bioethanol plant in Saltend near Hull, United Kingdom in December 2012.
- The DuPont company became a major supplier to the U.S. military.
- There have been several high-profile lawsuits related to the technique, including an unsuccessful lawsuit brought by DuPont.
- Wilmington is home to one Fortune 500 company, E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- It changed hands during its existence until DuPont closed it in the mid-1990s.
- The second saw Buddy Baker fail to qualify a DuPont-sponsored car at Talladega in the spring.
- The 24 truck debuted with the Truck Series in 1995 with Scott Lagasse driving and DuPont sponsoring.
- In 1992, the company sold its nylon business to DuPont.
- Also dead were the plane's pilots, Richard Tracy and Elizabeth Morrison, Joe Jackson, director of the DuPont Motorsports program, and Scott Lathram, who worked for Joe Gibbs Racing as a helicopter pilot.
- During the late 1980s and 1990s, the company also established joint ventures with DuPont to access research and development expertise, and with Johnson & Johnson to sell over-the-counter consumer medications.
- On December 11, 2015, Dow announced that it would merge with DuPont, in an all-stock deal.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: DuPont