Films similar to or like Duel (1971 film)
1971 American action thriller film written by Richard Matheson, which is based on his own 1971 short story. Wikipedia
2009 American psychological thriller film based on the 1970 short story "Button, Button" by Richard Matheson, which was previously adapted into an episode of the 1980s iteration of The Twilight Zone. Written and directed by Richard Kelly and stars Cameron Diaz and James Marsden as a couple who receive a box from a mysterious man who offers them one million dollars if they press the button sealed within the dome on top of the box, but tells them that, once the button has been pushed, someone they do not know will die. Wikipedia
2007 American post-apocalyptic action thriller film loosely based on the 1954 novel of the same name by Richard Matheson. Directed by Francis Lawrence from a screenplay by Akiva Goldsman and Mark Protosevich, the film stars Will Smith as US Army virologist Robert Neville. Wikipedia
1973 American made-for-television horror mystery thriller film directed by Philip Leacock and starring Cloris Leachman and Ross Martin. Written by Richard Matheson and based on his 1953 short story of the same name, the film follows a woman whose husband disappears after they stop by a rural diner in the Arizona desert. Wikipedia
Sentences forDuel (1971 film)
- He later observed that it was similar to his 1971 television film Duel in that both deal with "these leviathans targeting everymen".
- Empire gave the film a 3 out of 5 stars, stating "A noisy but enjoyable destruction derby of a film, sadly with none of the subtlety, invention or skill of Spielberg's Duel."
- However, the film's writer and director, Victor Salva, has not confirmed nor denied whether the film took inspiration from the case, but said that the film used elements from the 1971 film Duel.
- The first was Duel (1971), adapted from Richard Matheson's short story of the same title.
- He adapted his 1971 short story "Duel" as a screenplay directed by Steven Spielberg for the television film Duel that year.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Duel (1971 film)