Universities similar to or like Durham University
Collegiate public research university in Durham, England, founded by an Act of Parliament in 1832 and incorporated by royal charter in 1837. Wikipedia
Public research university in Manchester, England, formed in 2004 by the merger of the University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology and the Victoria University of Manchester. Red brick university, a product of the civic university movement of the late 19th century. Wikipedia
Sentences forDurham University
- The University of Durham also has a Dean of Colleges, who is chosen from the various college principals and masters and takes a parallel role to the faculty deans in university-wide debate.
- Cambridge, together with Oxford and Durham, is among those universities that have adopted formulae that gives a rating to the GCSE performance of every school in the country to "weight" the scores of university applicants.
- Newcastle University has its origins in the Durham University School of Medicine and Surgery, established in 1834 and became fully independent on 1 August 1963 to form the University of Newcastle upon Tyne, now simply known as Newcastle University.
- The first higher doctorate in the modern sense was Durham University's DSc, introduced in 1882.
- Later in 1852, the majority college was formally linked to the University of Durham, becoming the "Newcastle-upon-Tyne College of Medicine in connection with the University of Durham".
- Blair's father accepted a job as a lecturer at Durham University, and thus moved the family to Durham, England.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Durham University