Programming blocks similar to or like ESPN on ABC
Brand used for sports event and documentary programming televised by the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) in the United States. Wikipedia
American multinational Spanish-language pay television sports channel owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%). Aimed primarily at the Hispanic community in the United States. Wikipedia
American multinational digital cable and satellite television network owned by ESPN Inc., a joint venture between the Disney Media Networks division of The Walt Disney Company (which owns a controlling 80% stake) and the Hearst Communications (which owns the remaining 20%). Known as "ESPN3" in its planning stages and proposed as early as 1993, the channel launched on November 1, 1996, and originally featured a rolling news format with 24-hour coverage of sports news and highlights. Wikipedia
Branding formerly used for broadcasts of National Hockey League games televised on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) in the United States. The network first broadcast NHL games during the 1992–93 season under a time-buy agreement with ESPN; ABC resumed regular season game telecasts on February 6, 2000, as part of a joint contract with ESPN that also gave ABC the rights to select games from each round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Wikipedia
Sentences forESPN on ABC
- ESPN would televise a minimum of 17 regular season games, most on Monday nights, and nine playoff games, including ArenaBowl XXI on ABC.
- Until 2011, telecasts had been split between KCAL-TV (road games) and Fox Sports West (home games), unless they are chosen for national broadcasts on ABC.
- With the appointment of then president of ABC Sports, Roone Arledge as president of ABC News in 1977, ABC invested the resources to make it a major source of news content.
- ESPN continued to produce its own coverage of the draft, with ESPN2 simulcasting days 1 and 2, while ABC simulcasting day 3.
- With the contract term ending, the NYRA went to ESPN on ABC for the 2006 Belmont, while the broadcasts of the Derby and Preakness remained with NBC.
- Since 2006, the ABC Sports division has been defunct, with all sports telecasts on ABC being produced in association with sister cable network ESPN under the branding ESPN on ABC.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: ESPN on ABC