Ethnic groups similar to or like East Asian Canadians
East Asian Canadians are Canadians with ancestry, origins, or citizenship from East Asia. Wikipedia
Middle Eastern Canadians are Canadians with ancestry, origins, or citizenship from the Middle East, which includes Western Asia and North Africa. Individuals from the Middle East first arrived in Canada in 1882, when a group of Lebanese immigrants settled in Montreal. Wikipedia
South Asian Canadians ; ; are Canadians who were either born in or can trace their ancestry to South Asia, which includes the nations of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal and the Maldives. Subgroup of Asian Canadian and, according to Statistics Canada, can further be divided by nationality, such as Indian Canadian, Bangladeshi Canadian and Pakistani Canadian. Wikipedia
Sentences forEast Asian Canadians
- The five largest pan-ethnic groups in the province are Europeans (64%), East Asians (15%), South Asians (8%), Aboriginals (6%) and Southeast Asians (4%).
- They comprise a subgroup of East Asian Canadians which is a further subgroup of Asian Canadians.
- Other large groups include Europeans with 26%, Black with 13.9%, Filipino with 3.4%, Latin American with 2.4%, East Asians with 1.5%, and Southeast Asia with 1.4%.
- In recent decades the European and East Asian population have grown with the area witnessing increasing residential development and infill.
- The largest visible minority groups were South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan at 338,960 or 12.6 per cent), East Asian (Chinese at 332,830 or 12.5 per cent), and Black (239,850 or 8.9 per cent).
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: East Asian Canadians