Topics similar to or like East End of London
Historic core of wider East London, east of the Roman and medieval walls of the City of London and north of the River Thames. Wikipedia
Sentences forEast End of London
- To the East the Port of London grew rapidly during the century, with the construction of many docks, needed as the Thames at the City could not cope with the volume of trade.
- The East End is the area closest to the original Port of London, known for its high immigrant population, as well as for being one of the poorest areas in London.
- He declined the government's offer of accommodation in an expensive West End hotel, preferring to stay in the East End, to live among working-class people, as he did in India.
- By the 19th century, the East End of London had expanded to the eastern boundary with Essex, and the Tower division had reached a population of over a million.
- In the 18th and 19th centuries the population density was especially high in the southeast of the county, including the East End and West End of London.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: East End of London