Topics similar to or like Eastern Bloc
The group of communist states of Central and Eastern Europe, East Asia, and Southeast Asia under the hegemony of the Soviet Union that existed during the Cold War (1947–1991) in opposition to the capitalist Western Bloc. Wikipedia
The Revolutions of 1989 formed part of a revolutionary wave in the late 1980s and early 1990s that resulted in the end of Communist rule in many countries throughout the world, including in Central and Eastern Europe and beyond. Often also called the Fall of Communism and sometimes called the Fall of Nations or the Autumn of Nations, a play on the term Spring of Nations that is sometimes used to describe the Revolutions of 1848. Wikipedia
Timeline of the main events of the Cold War, a state of political and military tension after World War II between powers in the Western Bloc and powers in the Eastern Bloc (the Soviet Union, its allies in the Warsaw Pact and later the People's Republic of China). Deciding the post-war status of Germany. The Allies of World War II divide Germany into four occupation zones. The Allied nations agree that free elections are to be held in Poland and all countries occupied by Nazi Germany. In addition, the new United Nations are to replace the failed League of Nations. Wikipedia
Communist ideology and the main communist movement throughout the 20th century. The formal name of the official state ideology adopted by the Soviet Union, its satellite states in the Eastern Bloc and various self-declared scientific socialist regimes in the Non-Aligned Movement and Third World during the Cold War as well as the Communist International after Bolshevisation. Wikipedia
Sentences forEastern Bloc
- Of the remaining number of Austria's people that are of non-Austrian descent, many come from surrounding countries, especially from the former East Bloc nations.
- Most eastern and central European countries fell into the Soviet sphere, which led to establishment of Communist-led regimes, with full or partial support of the Soviet occupation authorities.
- East Germany was an Eastern Bloc state under political and military control by the USSR via occupation forces and the Warsaw Pact.
- Dependent socialist governments were installed in the Eastern Bloc satellite states.
- Following the partition of Vietnam in 1954, North Vietnam maintained relations with the Eastern Bloc, South Vietnam maintained relations with the Western Bloc.
- The Soviet Union instituted a new communist government in Poland, analogous to much of the rest of the Eastern Bloc.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Eastern Bloc