Mountains similar to or like Eastern Ghats
The Eastern Ghats are a discontinuous range of mountains along India's eastern coast. Wikipedia
Ghat, a term used in the Indian subcontinent, depending on the context could refer either to a range of stepped hills with valleys (ghati in Hindi), such as the Eastern Ghats and Western Ghats; or the series of steps leading down to a body of water or wharf, such as a bathing or cremation place along the banks of a river or pond, the Ghats in Varanasi, Dhobi Ghat or the Aapravasi Ghat. Roads passing through ghats are called Ghat Roads. Wikipedia
Mountain range that covers an area of 160,000 km2 in a stretch of 1,600 km parallel to the western coast of the Indian peninsula, traversing the states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra and Gujarat. UNESCO World Heritage Site and is one of the eight hot-spots of biological diversity in the world. Wikipedia
Area encompassing the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana, Goa as well as the union territories of Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, and Puducherry, comprising 19.31% of India's area . Bounded by the Bay of Bengal in the east, the Arabian Sea in the west and the Indian Ocean in the south. Wikipedia
The Nallamalas (also called the Nallamalla Range) are a section of the Eastern Ghats which forms the eastern boundary of Rayalaseema region of the state of Andhra Pradesh and Mahabubnagar, Nalgonda districts of the state of Telangana, in India. They run in a nearly north-south alignment, parallel to the Coromandel Coast for close to 430 km between the rivers, Krishna and Pennar. Wikipedia
Southeastern coast region of the Indian subcontinent, bounded by the Utkal Plains to the north, the Bay of Bengal to the east, the Kaveri delta to the south, and the Eastern Ghats to the west, extending over an area of about 22,800 square kilometres. Its definition can also include the northwestern coast of the island of Sri Lanka. Wikipedia
Lower house of India's bicameral Parliament, with the upper house being the Rajya Sabha. Adult universal suffrage and a first-past-the-post system to represent their respective constituencies, and they hold their seats for five years or until the body is dissolved by the President on the advice of the council of ministers. Wikipedia
India's highest military decoration, awarded for displaying distinguished acts of valour during wartime. Granted for "most conspicuous bravery in the presence of the enemy".The medal of the PVC was designed by Savitri Khanolkar wife of Vikram Ramji Khanolkar a Maratha royal of Sawantwadi State he was also an Indian army officer who was posthumously promoted to the rank of Major General .Their daughter's brother-in-law, Major Somnath Sharma, was coincidentally awarded the first PVC. Wikipedia
The Kalvarayan Hills are a major range of hills situated in the Eastern Ghats of the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Along with the Pachaimalai, Alavaimalai, Javadi, and Shevaroy hills, they separate the Kaveri River basin to the south from the Palar River basin to the north. Wikipedia
Sentences forEastern Ghats
- Eastern Ghats region is home to dense tropical forests, while the vegetation becomes sparse as the Ghats give way to the Deccan Plateau, where shrub vegetation is more common.
- The Eastern Ghats run parallel to the Bay of Bengal along the eastern coast and the strip of land between them forms the Coromandel region.
- The more humid Eastern Highlands moist deciduous forests cover the Eastern Ghats in the eastern part of the state.
- Carefully co-ordinating the actions of his subordinate commanders, he swept down the Eastern Ghats onto the coastal plain in July 1780, laying waste the countryside.
- The geography of the region is diverse with two mountain ranges – the Western and Eastern Ghats – bordering the plateau heartland.
- The plateau is located between two mountain ranges, the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats, each of which rises from its respective nearby coastal plain, and almost converge at the southern tip of India.
- Nestled on Khurdha uplands of the Eastern Ghats biotic region, Chandaka forest is spread over 175.79 square kilometres (67.87 sq mi) of rolling table land and small sprawling hillocks of Khurdha and Cuttack Districts.
- It lies on the banks of River Krishna surrounded by the hills of Eastern Ghats known as Indrakeeladri Hills in Krishna District.
- The coast has an average elevation of 80 metres and is backed by the Eastern Ghats, a chain of low, flat-topped hills.
- Deomali is a mountain peak of the Eastern Ghats.
- Cornwallis ascended the Eastern Ghats to reach the Deccan Plateau in February 1791.
- It lies between the Eastern Ghats and the coast of the Bay of Bengal.
- To the south, the remaining peninsular landmass, the Deccan Plateau, is flanked on the west and east by coastal ranges known as the Western and Eastern Ghats; the plateau contains the country's oldest rock formations, some over one billion years old.
- It is in the eastern coastal plains, along the axis of the Eastern Ghats mountains.
- The city is situated between the Eastern Ghats and the Bay of Bengal.
- Vellore lies in the Eastern Ghats region and Palar river basin.
- Eastern Nellore consists of an area of low-lying land extending from the base of the Eastern Ghats range to the Bay of Bengal, while the western side is comparably more mountainous and is separated from neighbouring Cuddapah district by the Velikonda hills, part of the Eastern Ghats.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Eastern Ghats