Topics similar to or like Effeminacy
Manifestation of traits in a boy or man that are more often associated with feminine behavior, mannerism, style, or gender roles rather than with masculine behavior, mannerisms, style or roles. Wikipedia
Behavior or gender expression by an individual that does not match masculine or feminine gender norms. People who exhibit gender variance may be called gender-variant, gender-non-conforming, gender-diverse, gender-atypical or non-binary, and may be transgender or otherwise variant in their gender identity. Wikipedia
Classification of gender into two distinct, opposite forms of masculine and feminine, whether by social system or cultural belief. In this binary model, sex, gender, and sexuality may be assumed by default to align, with aspects of one's gender inherently linked to one's genetic or gamete-based sex, or with one's sex assigned at birth. Wikipedia
Lesbian who exhibits some stereotypical butch traits without fitting the masculine stereotype associated with butch lesbians. On the spectrum of butch, as are stone butch and masculine, whereas on the contrary, ultra fem, high femme, and lipstick lesbian are some labels on the spectrum of lesbians with a more prominent expression of femininity, also known as femmes. Wikipedia
Traditional gender roles among Native American and First Nations peoples tend to vary greatly by region and community. As with all Pre-Columbian era societies, historical traditions may or may not reflect contemporary attitudes. Wikipedia
Idea that policies, language, and other social institutions (social structures, gender roles, or gender identity) should avoid distinguishing roles according to people's sex or gender. In order to avoid discrimination arising from the impression that there are social roles for which one gender is more suited than another. Wikipedia
Sex differences in psychology are differences in the mental functions and behaviors of the sexes and are due to a complex interplay of biological, developmental, and cultural factors. Differences have been found in a variety of fields such as mental health, cognitive abilities, personality, emotion, sexuality, and tendency towards aggression. Wikipedia
Way to interpret the disparate impacts of climate change on men and women, based on the social construction of gender roles and relations. Overall negative impact on the social and political rights of women, especially in economies that are heavily based on agriculture. Wikipedia
State of equal ease of access to resources and opportunities regardless of gender, including economic participation and decision-making; and the state of valuing different behaviors, aspirations and needs equally, regardless of gender. Goal, while gender neutrality and gender equity are practices and ways of thinking that help in achieving the goal. Wikipedia
Slang for a lesbian who exhibits a greater amount of feminine gender attributes, such as wearing make-up , dresses or skirts, and having other characteristics associated with feminine women. Also used to characterize the feminine gender expression of bisexual women, or the broader topic of female-female sexual activity among feminine women. Wikipedia
- During her first week at Kenilworth Junior High, she was bullied by children who mistook her for an effeminate boy.
- It was lip-synched by an effeminate drug dealer played by Dean Stockwell, after which Booth demanded the song be played over and over, once beating the protagonist while the song played.
- Effeminacy in Chicano men, Chicana lesbianism, and any other deviation which challenges patriarchal gender and sexuality is highly policed and understood as an attack on the family by Chicano men.
- His first major gimmick in the company had him wrestling in matches in garish green suspenders and acting as something of a "pretty boy" – at least in relation to the rest of the ECW roster.
- One is of a markedly effeminate tailor measuring Tom for a suit, another where Mamie serves Matt breakfast in bed, and the third showing Tom being seduced when hiding out in a woman's apartment.
- Pee-wee is commonly portrayed as an impatient and fun-loving child with dainty, effeminate mannerisms and quirky facial expressions.
- The only American and viewed as effeminate, Manning became the target of bullying at school.
- Buford decides to call for help from his brothers Reggie, a Mountie Sergeant in Quebec, and Gaylord, an effeminate Texas State Patrolman.
- For example, ancient Greeks often considered the wearing of trousers by Persian men as a sign of an effeminate attitude.
- Effeminate men are often associated with homosexuality, although femininity is not necessarily related to a man's sexuality.
- Effeminacy is inaccurately associated with homosexuality, and some gay men doubted their sexual orientation; they did not see themselves as effeminate, and felt little connection to gay culture.
- He stated that although Blaine is gay, he is not "overly queeny, and not too butch either," and that while his sexuality is a "huge part of who he is", it is not a major facet of how he wishes to be perceived.
- The depiction of the future Edward II as an effeminate homosexual drew accusations of homophobia against Gibson.
- Like Roger, he is often critical of Steve's effeminate mannerisms, at one point asking him if he's "allergic to vaginas".
- At the encouragement of PNW promoter Harry Elliot, who was aware of Patterson's homosexuality, Patterson developed the character of "Pretty Boy" Pat Patterson, an effeminate wrestler who wore lipstick, sunglasses, and a beret and carried a cigarette holder.
- Desperate to help Dan communicate with the children despite his inexperience with children, Charlie recruits his friend Jimmy Lunchbox (Bernie Mac), a flamboyant children's entertainer, who is famous around the world.
- The story focuses on Hazumu Osaragi, a normal, albeit effeminate high school boy who is killed when an alien spaceship crash lands on him, only to be restored to health as a girl.
- Others may wear make-up and use feminine pronouns, but dress masculinely, and are closer to the Western category of effeminate gay man than transgender.
- He is a pompous, effeminate, over-refined food-critic whose taste buds are insured.
- He takes the form of a slender, effeminate man with long, pale blue and green hair.
- Aditi's younger brother Varun (Ishan Nair) plans an elaborate dance for the pre-wedding party with another cousin, Ayesha (Neha Dubey), but Lalit worries that his son is becoming too effeminate and plans to send him to boarding school.
- This backfires when Bart craves slim cigarettes, considered effeminate because they are marketed to women.
- After facing backlash from fans of Harry Styles, on November 15, Candace doubled down on her stance against men being feminine, tweeting "I’m impervious to woke culture. Showing me 50 examples of something won’t make it any less stupid".
- From an early age, Haarmann's behavior was noticeably effeminate.
- Nico (Jonah Blechman) is the most flamboyant, outgoing, and effeminate of the group.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Effeminacy