Organizations similar to or like Egale Canada
Advocacy organization founded in 1986 by Les McAfee to advance equality for Canadian lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and their families, across Canada. Wikipedia
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) rights in Canada are some of the most advanced in the Americas and in the world. Same-sex sexual activity has been lawful in Canada since June 27, 1969, when the Criminal Law Amendment Act (also known as Bill C-150) came into force upon royal assent. Wikipedia
American civil rights, advocacy and anti-violence organization serving Michigan's lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Equality Michigan serves Michigan's LGBT community through victims services, lobbying on behalf of the LGBT community, public education on LGBT issues, and organizing Michigan's largest LGBT events such as Motor City Pride. Wikipedia
Social justice, advocacy and capacity building organization serving and supporting state-based lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender advocacy organizations in the United States. In 1997, a group of state-based LGBT advocacy organizations came together to form the Equality Federation, which originally operated as a volunteer-run coalition. Wikipedia
Statewide political advocacy organization in Arizona that advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender rights, including same-sex marriage. Formed in 1992 as the Arizona Human Rights Fund after the Phoenix City Council rejected a non-discrimination ordinance to extend protections to gays and lesbians. Wikipedia
Timeline of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender history, in the 20th century. 1901 – On 8 June 1901 two women, Marcela Gracia Ibeas and Elisa Sanchez Loriga, attempted to get married in A Coruña (Galicia, Spain). To achieve it Elisa had to adopt a male identity: Mario Sánchez, as listed on the marriage certificate. Wikipedia
Largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights advocacy group and political lobbying organization in North Carolina and is the oldest statewide LGBT equality organization in the United States. Umbrella group of two separate non-profit corporations and a political action committee: Equality NC Foundation, a 501(3) organization that provides educational programming on LGBT issues and conducts comprehensive campaigns to build public support for equal rights, Equality NC, a 501(c)(4) organization that conducts lobbying and advocacy efforts, and Equality NC PAC, a political action committee which works to elect fair-minded candidates. Wikipedia
Nonprofit organization serving the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) population of New York City and nearby communities. Located in the West Village at 208 West 13th Street in Lower Manhattan, in a historic building which formerly housed the High School for Food Trades. Wikipedia
Michigan nonprofit organization serving the African American lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender population of Detroit, and nearby communities. LGBT Detroit's mission is "to increase awareness of and support to Detroit's dynamic LGBT community through education and advocacy with integrity and pride." Wikipedia
Generally accepting of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender peoples. Epitomised by the fact that there are several members of Parliament who belong to the LGBT community, LGBT rights are protected by the Human Rights Act, and same-sex couples are able to marry as of 2013. Wikipedia
Statewide advocacy and education organization in the U.S. state of New Jersey that advocates for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender rights, including same-sex marriage. Founded in 2004 by Steven Goldstein; he left the organization in 2013 and Troy Stevenson was promoted to take his role. Wikipedia
Registered Canadian charity with the mission of creating scholarships, awards, and bursaries in support of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex (LGBT) studies, and education and awareness, in advancement of equality and human rights. Governed by a national Board of Directors. Wikipedia
The relationship between religion and LGBT people (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) can vary greatly across time and place, within and between different religions and sects, and regarding different forms of homosexuality, bisexuality, and transgender identity. Some of the authoritative bodies and doctrines of the world's largest religions may view these negatively. Wikipedia
Sentences forEgale Canada
- In May 2010 Egale Canada launched MyGSA.ca, a website focused on GSAs and their role in making Canadian schools safer and more LGBTQ inclusive.
- He was executive director of Egale Canada during the organization's campaign to obtain recognition of equal civil marriage rights (2003 to 2006).
- In 2009, Milbury not once but twice had the temerity to make the observation that "a ban on fighting would lead to the pansification" of the NHL, and in so doing upset Egale Canada, a gay rights group.
- Egale Canada conducted a survey of more than 3700 high school students in Canada between December 2007 and June 2009.
- The decision met with outrage from LGBT advocacy organization Egale Canada.
- "Helen Kennedy, executive director of human rights group Egale Canada, said she wasn't familiar with the straight flag -- and Sunday's ceremony was the first time she had heard of it being raised in Canada."
- Hawkes has served on the advisory committee of PrideVision TV and served on the board of directors for advocacy group Egale Canada.
- In December 2014, the You Can Play foundation and Egale Canada partnered with the Canadian Olympic Committee in a new program to combat homophobia in sports within the Olympic committee's mandate.
- Dutcher was previously responsible for development coordination and Indigenous outreach at Egale Canada, which is currently the country's only national LGBT human rights organization.
- The former executive director of Canada's national LGBT lobby group Egale, Gilles Marchildon, worked at Swerve for over four years and served as editor for three years.
- He was an activist with EGALE, a lobby group for gay and lesbian rights, after coming out as gay in the late 1980s.
- Hillary Cook, a spokeswoman for gay rights group Egale Canada, stated the bill was "an attempt to score partisan points".
- A prominent member of Egale Canada, she was one of its two representatives to the United Nations Conference on Women in 1995.
- She is the executive director of Egale Canada.
- Beyer was a keynote speaker at the First International Conference on LGBT Human Rights in Montreal in 2006 and the Second in Copenhagen in 2009, as well as for the Egale Canada Human Rights Trust's annual Gala, held in Toronto on 24 September 2010.
- In April 2007, she was named executive director of Egale Canada.
- Reference re Same-Sex Marriage, 2004 SCC 79. Acted for the interveners, Egale Canada Inc. and others, in their successful challenge that a federal proposed Act that marriage for civil purposes is the lawful union of two persons to exclusion of all others.
- Hickey was president of Egale Canada in 2005, when same-sex marriage in Canada was legalized.
- For Intersex Awareness Day in October 2018, Egale Canada published a statement calling on the Canadian Government to protect the rights of intersex persons, fulfilling "treaty body obligations under international law," and accompanied by a submission to the UN Committee Against Torture.
- Egale Canada is founded.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Egale Canada