Musical artists similar to or like Elastica
Elastica were a British rock band formed in London in 1992. Wikipedia
Second and final studio album by English alternative rock group Elastica, released via Deceptive Records in April 2000. After the release of their eponymous debut record in 1995, the band started touring and in the process started partying ferociously and dabbling in drugs. Wikipedia
English rock band formed in London in 1976 as a key player in the original wave of British punk rock. They also contributed to the post-punk and new wave movements that emerged in the wake of punk and employed elements of a variety of genres including reggae, dub, funk, ska, and rockabilly. Wikipedia
- The majority of the label's releases shared a punk-pop sensibility, with Elastica being their most successful signing, before the label eventually folded in 2001.
- Hewlett had recently broken up with Olliver and Albarn was at the end of his highly publicised relationship with Justine Frischmann of Elastica.
- Albarn's lyrics—more heart-felt, personal and intimate than on previous occasions—were reflective of his break-up with Elastica frontwoman Justine Frischmann, his partner of eight years.
- When Dave Bush went to join Elastica, Scanlon was sacked after sixteen years, an unpopular decision which Smith would later regret.
- This campaign involved overtly punk and new wave-influenced acts such as Elastica, but it was eclipsed by Britpop.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Elastica