Characters similar to or like Elijah Baley
Fictional character in Isaac Asimov's Robot series. Wikipedia
Series of 37 science fiction short stories and six novels by American writer Isaac Asimov, featuring positronic robots. The series started in 1940, with the story "Robbie" in the September 1940 Super Science Stories (appearing under the title "Strange Playfellow", which was not Asimov's title). Wikipedia
Sentences forElijah Baley
- In The Naked Sun, Elijah Baley points out that the Laws had been deliberately misrepresented because robots could unknowingly break any of them.
- Near the climax of The Caves of Steel, Elijah Baley makes a bitter comment to himself thinking that the First Law forbids a robot from harming a human being.
- This phobia influenced several of his fiction works, such as the Wendell Urth mystery stories and the Robot novels featuring Elijah Baley.
- In this novel, Isaac Asimov introduces Elijah Baley and R. Daneel Olivaw, later his favorite protagonists.
- The final chapter, titled Lije Baley, consists of the two novels with detective Elijah Baley, whom Asimov affectionately calls Lije.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Elijah Baley