Rail services similar to or like Empire State Express
One of the named passenger trains and onetime flagship of the New York Central and Hudson River Railroad . Wikipedia
Passenger train operated by the New York Central Railroad and its successor Penn Central over the Water Level Route between Chicago and Boston. Launched in 1938 in tandem with the relaunch of the 20th Century Limited and assumed responsibility for that train's Boston sleepers. Wikipedia
Passenger train operated by the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad between Grand Central Terminal, New York City and Springfield, Massachusetts. Under the New Haven the Bankers provided early morning express service from Springfield to New York, running non-stop from New Haven, Connecticut. Wikipedia
Sentences forEmpire State Express
- Patronage of the railroad increased steadily after the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company assumed control in 1870 and began running the Empire State Express directly between New York City and the resort.
- Thirteen of these locomotives, one J-1 type and twelve J-3a types, were streamlined for use with named passenger trains like the Empire State Express and the 20th Century Limited.
- As recently as 1968 the New York Central operated a Buffalo-Chicago daytime train, #51, the former Empire State Express, that made a stop westbound in Dunkirk.
- Also, by the late 1940s, the Empire State Express also passed from Buffalo into Southwestern Ontario, however, it terminated at Detroit.
- The New York Central similarly upgraded its Empire State Express train's rolling stock, however, knowing that this would not be enough, the road began exploring other options so as to outperform its rival.
- Also famous was its Empire State Express through upstate New York to Buffalo and Cleveland, and Ohio State Limited from New York to Cincinnati.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Empire State Express