Royalties similar to or like Empress Matilda
One of the claimants to the English throne during the civil war known as the Anarchy. Wikipedia
Civil war in England and Normandy between 1135 and 1153, which resulted in a widespread breakdown in law and order. Succession crisis precipitated by the accidental death by drowning of William Adelin, the only legitimate son of Henry I, in the sinking of the White Ship in 1120. Wikipedia
This list of kings and queens of the Kingdom of England begins with Alfred the Great, who initially ruled Wessex, one of the seven Anglo-Saxon kingdoms which later made up modern England. Not the first king to claim to rule all of the English, his rule represents the start of the first unbroken line of kings to rule the whole of England, the House of Wessex. Wikipedia
Sentences forEmpress Matilda
- He was buried there, as were parts of his daughter Empress Matilda, William of Poitiers, Constance of York, and Princess Isabella of Cornwall, among others.
- With William Adelin dead, Henry had only one other legitimate child, the future Empress Matilda, but as a woman she was at a substantial political disadvantage.
- The couple soon had two children, Matilda, born in 1102, and William Adelin, born in 1103; it is possible that they also had a second son, Richard, who died young.
- Henry made a controversial decision to name his daughter Matilda (his only surviving child) as his heir.
- The 12th-century town (then better defended) was attacked in 1139, 1150 and 1151 during the civil war between King Stephen and Empress Matilda, daughter of Henry I.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Empress Matilda