Topics similar to or like English folk music
Tradition-based music, which has existed since the later medieval period. Wikipedia
Throughout its history, the United Kingdom has been a major producer and source of musical creation, drawing its early artistic basis from church music and the ancient and traditional folk music and instrumentation of England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales. Each of the four countries of the United Kingdom has its own diverse and distinctive folk music forms, which flourished until the era of industrialisation when it began to be replaced by new forms of popular music, including music hall and brass bands. Wikipedia
The British folk revival incorporates a number of movements for the collection, preservation and performance of folk music in the United Kingdom and related territories and countries, which had origins as early as the 18th century. Particularly associated with two movements, usually referred to as the first and second revivals, respectively in the late 19th to early 20th centuries and the mid-20th century. Wikipedia
British rock describes a wide variety of forms of music made in the United Kingdom. Since around 1964, with the "British Invasion" of the United States spearheaded by the Beatles, British rock music has had a considerable impact on the development of American music and rock music across the world. Wikipedia
Popular music of the United Kingdom in the 1970s built upon the new forms of music developed from blues rock towards the end of the 1960s, including folk rock and psychedelic rock. Several important and influential subgenres were created in Britain in this period, by pursuing the limitations of rock music, including British folk rock and glam rock, a process that reached its apogee in the development of progressive rock and one of the most enduring subgenres in heavy metal music. Wikipedia
Sentences forEnglish folk music
- Guthrie had a natural affinity for music, learning old ballads and traditional English and Scottish songs from the parents of friends.
- The English Folk music scene also encouraged and gave self-confidence to many Irish musicians.
- Newfoundland and Labrador has a folk musical heritage based on the Irish, English and Scottish traditions that were brought to its shores centuries ago.
- The situation in Britain was made more complex by the second folk revival, which created a network of folk clubs across the country, mostly in urban centres, from the late 1950s.
- Some examples of the Folk Genre can be seen in the folk music of England and Turkish folk music.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: English folk music