Topics similar to or like English law
Common law legal system of England and Wales, comprising mainly criminal law and civil law, each branch having its own courts and procedures. Wikipedia
The laws of Thailand are based on the civil law, but have been influenced by common law (see also world legal systems). The Rattanakosin Kingdom and the four traditionally counted preceding kingdoms, collectively called Siam, had a largely uncodified constitution until 1932. Wikipedia
Divided between the common law system of England and Wales and Northern Ireland, and that of Scotland, which uses a hybrid of common law and civil law. Dundee, Glasgow Law School and Strathclyde, in Scotland, are the only universities in the UK to offer a dual-qualifying degree. Wikipedia
The law of Jersey has been influenced by several different legal traditions, in particular Norman customary law, English common law and modern French civil law. Separate jurisdiction from that of the United Kingdom, and is also distinct from that of the other Channel Islands such as Guernsey, although they do share some historical developments. Wikipedia
Sentences forEnglish law
- In contemporary English common law, a marriage is a voluntary contract by a man and a woman, in which by agreement they choose to become husband and wife.
- The judicial system is based on English common law, continuing the legal tradition established during British rule but with substantial local differences.
- For the Welsh, this war was over national identity, enjoying wide support, provoked particularly by attempts to impose English law on Welsh subjects.
- It established three new courts, including the Supreme Court, and dictated that English law was to be followed.
- The Westminster system of parliamentary democracy has served as the template for the governments for many former colonies, and English common law for legal systems.
- The structure of government is based on the British parliamentary system, and the legal system is modelled on the common law of England.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: English law