Topics similar to or like Environmental Performance Index
Method of quantifying and numerically marking the environmental performance of a state's policies. Wikipedia
Sustainability metrics and indices are measures of sustainability, and attempt to quantify beyond the generic concept. Though there are disagreements among those from different disciplines (and influenced by different political beliefs about the nature of the good society), these disciplines and international organizations have each offered measures or indicators of how to measure the concept. Wikipedia
Set by the European Union and applies to the Schengen Area and to other EU member states except Ireland. The visa policy allows nationals of certain countries to enter the Schengen Area via air, land or sea without a visa for stays of up to 90 days within a 180-day period. Wikipedia
Ranking system of world universities by scientific paper volume, impact, and performance output. Originally published from 2007–2011 by the Higher Education Evaluation and Accreditation Council of Taiwan and has been published since 2012 by the National Taiwan University. Wikipedia
Not-for-profit association committed to advancing the technical, economic, aesthetic and environmental performances of concrete structures worldwide. The organization depends on the voluntary contributions of international experts to achieve its mission and plays a role in stimulating research and promoting the use and development of concrete. Wikipedia
Public-private partnership in High Performance Computing (HPC), enabling the pooling of European Union (EU) -level resources with the resources of participating EU Member States and participating associated states of the Horizon 2020 programme, as well as private stakeholders. The Joint Undertaking has the twin stated aims of developing a pan-European supercomputing infrastructure, and supporting research and innovation activities. Wikipedia
The Commitment to Development Index (CDI), published annually by the Center for Global Development, ranks the world's richest countries on their dedication to policies that benefit the five billion people living in poorer nations. Rich and poor countries are linked in many ways; thus the Index looks beyond standard comparisons of foreign aid flows. Wikipedia
Part of the United States Department of State, charged with implementing U.S. foreign policy and promoting U.S. interests in Europe and Eurasia (which it defines as being Europe, Turkey, Cyprus, the Caucasus Region, and Russia), as well as advising the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs. Headed by the Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs. Wikipedia
700-page report released for the Government of the United Kingdom on 30 October 2006 by economist Nicholas Stern, chair of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment at the London School of Economics and also chair of the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP) at Leeds University and LSE. The report discusses the effect of global warming on the world economy. Wikipedia
Agreement to provide an effective framework for cooperation between tropical timber producers and consumers and to encourage the development of national policies aimed at sustainable utilization and conservation of tropical forests and their genetic resources. Established under this agreement, which first opened for signature on November 18, 1983, then Entered into force on April 1, 1985. Wikipedia
This list includes universities, colleges, and other higher educational institutions granting accredited bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees in environmental studies, environmental science, environmental policy, and related fields in the United States. Organized by state. Wikipedia
International environmental treaty addressing climate change, negotiated and signed by 154 states at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), informally known as the Earth Summit, held in Rio de Janeiro from 3 to 14 June 1992. It established a Secretariat headquartered in Bonn and entered into force on 21 March 1994. Wikipedia
This list of 10 metre air pistol records documents the best performances in 10 metre air pistol recognized as records by various official instances since 1 January 1989, when targets were changed and all records reset, and also the progression of the World and Olympic records. 600. Wikipedia
Independent, not for profit policy studies institute, a green think tank and a leading centre for the analysis and development of environmental policy in Europe and beyond. It has a strong reputation among national and European policy-makers and non-governmental organisations. Wikipedia
Multilateral treaty which regulates copyright for audiovisual performances and expands the performers' rights. Adopted on 26 June 2012 by the Diplomatic Conference on the Protection of Audiovisual Performances of the World Intellectual Property Organization, in which 156 WIPO member states, six intergovernmental, and six non-governmental organizations participated. Wikipedia
American economist, academic, public policy analyst and former director of The Earth Institute at Columbia University, where he holds the title of University Professor. Known as one of the world's leading experts on sustainable development, economic development, and the fight against poverty. Wikipedia
The humanitarian response by national governments to the 2010 Haiti earthquake included numerous national governments from around the world pledging to send humanitarian aid to the Haitian people. The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and ReliefWeb are coordinating and tracking this aid. Wikipedia
Intergovernmental organisation of six independent member states whose principal function is to mark, record and maintain the graves and places of commemoration of Commonwealth of Nations military service members who died in the two World Wars. Also responsible for commemorating Commonwealth civilians who died as a result of enemy action during World War II. Wikipedia
Sentences forEnvironmental Performance Index
- Japan ranks 20th in the 2018 Environmental Performance Index, which measures a nation's commitment to environmental sustainability.
- These issues contribute to Indonesia's low ranking (number 116 out of 180 countries) in the 2020 Environmental Performance Index.
- Australia was ranked 21st out of 178 countries in the world on the 2018 Environmental Performance Index.
- The United States is ranked 24th among nations in the Environmental Performance Index.
- The Environmental Performance Index measures the ability of a country to actively manage and protect its environment and the health of its citizens.
- Thailand has a mediocre but improving performance in the global Environmental Performance Index (EPI) with an overall ranking of 91 out of 180 countries in 2016.
- The Czech Republic ranks as the 27th most environmentally conscious country in the world in Environmental Performance Index.
- Cambodia has a bad but improving performance in the global Environmental Performance Index (EPI) with an overall ranking of 146 out of 180 countries in 2016.
- The Environmental Performance Index (EPI) is a method of quantifying and numerically benchmarking the environmental performance of a country's policies.
- According to the 2012 Environmental Performance Index, Luxembourg is one of the world's best performers in environmental protection, ranking 4th out of 132 assessed countries.
- In 2018, the United Kingdom was ranked 6th in the World on the Environmental Performance Index, which measures how well a country carries through environmental policy.
- Armenia ranked 63rd out of 180 countries on Environmental Performance Index (EPI) in 2018.
- In 2020, Denmark was placed first in the Environmental Performance Index.
- The 2012 Environmental Performance Index ranks Latvia second, after Switzerland, based on the environmental performance of the country's policies.
- In the 2012 Environmental Performance Index, the country ranked 4th out of 132 countries, while maintaining an average GDP growth of 5.1% between 2007 and 2011.
- United Kingdom is ranked 4 out of 180 countries in the Environmental Performance Index.
- Bulgaria ranks 30th in the 2018 Environmental Performance Index, but scores low on air quality.
- Additionally, according to Yale University's Environmental Performance Index, Slovenia is considered a "strong performer" in environmental protection efforts.
- According to the Environmental Performance Index 2016, South Korea ranked 173rd out of 180 countries in terms of air quality.
- France is also committed to protecting the environment: in 2018, France was ranked 2nd in the Environmental Performance Index (behind neighboring Switzerland), out of 180 countries ranked by Yale University in that study.
- In the 2010 Environmental Performance Index, Albania was ranked 23rd out of 163 countries in the world.
- In terms of the 2012 Environmental Performance Index ranking, Costa Rica is 5th in the world, and first among the Americas.
- CSR and sustainability reporting is a concept encouraging businesses and institutions to report on their social and environmental performance.
- In 2010 China was ranked 121st out of 163 countries on the Environmental Performance Index.
- According to the 2018 Environmental Performance Index conducted by Yale and Columbia, France was the second-most environmentally-conscious country in the world (after Switzerland), compared to tenth place in 2016 and 27th in 2014.
- However, the 2012 Environmental Performance Index ranked India at 177th position out of 180 countries in 2018,as having the poorest relative air quality out of 132countries.
- In 2018, the United Kingdom was ranked 6th in the world on the Environmental Performance Index, which measures how well a country carries through environmental policy.
- China is ranked low on the Environmental Performance Index.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Environmental Performance Index