Football tournaments similar to or like FA Cup
Annual knockout football competition in men's domestic English football. Wikipedia
Annual knockout football competition in men's domestic English football. Open to any club within the top four levels of the English football league system – 92 clubs in total – comprising the top level Premier League, and the three divisions of the English Football League's own league competition (Championship, League One and League Two). Wikipedia
Sentences forFA Cup
- Although the League Cup is one of the four domestic trophies attainable by English league teams, it is of far lower prestige than the league championship or the FA Cup.
- The world's oldest football competition is the FA Cup, which was founded by C.W. Alcock and has been contested by English teams since 1872.
- Giant killings are less well remembered in the League Cup than the FA Cup due to the absence of non-league sides and the fact that many big clubs have fielded very under-strength sides when knocked out.
- United went on to win the FA Premier League and FA Cup double and did not lose another home game that season, while York narrowly avoided relegation to Division Three (fourth tier).
- First held in 1960–61 as the Football League Cup, it is one of the three top-tier domestic football competitions in England, alongside the Premier League and FA Cup.
- The phrase was coined after a pre-match conference when he was questioned about Arsenal's lack of a trophy after exiting the FA Cup.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: FA Cup