Football clubs similar to or like FC Sachsen Leipzig
German football club from the Leutzsch district of Leipzig, Saxony. Wikipedia
German football club based in the city of Leipzig in Saxony and may be more familiar to many of the country's football fans as the historic side VfB Leipzig, the first national champion of Germany. The club won four cup titles and the 1965–66 Intertoto Cup during the East German era. Wikipedia
German professional football club based in Leipzig, Saxony. Founded in 2009 by the initiative of the company Red Bull GmbH, which purchased the playing rights of fifth-tier side SSV Markranstädt with the intent of advancing the new club to the top-flight Bundesliga within eight years. Wikipedia
Sentences forFC Sachsen Leipzig
- Opened in 2004, it is currently the home stadium for first-division club RB Leipzig, with FC Sachsen Leipzig having previously used the stadium from its opening until 2009.
- By the looming bankruptcy of FC Sachsen Leipzig, which eventually ended with the club folding in June 2011, RB Leipzig considered purchasing its playing right for the Oberliga for its reserve team.
- Red Bull entered the local football in May 2009, after having previously been denied the right to buy into FC Sachsen Leipzig in 2006.
- In the round of 16, Legia was knocked out by FC Sachsen Leipzig after losing 0–3 away and drawing 2–2 at home.
- The local football club FC Sachsen Leipzig, successor to the former East German champions BSG Chemie Leipzig, had for years been in financial difficulties.
- FC Sachsen Leipzig used the stadium as a home ground from time to time between 2004 and 2007, however they moved back to their traditional home, the Alfred-Kunze-Sportpark at the start of the 2008–09 season.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: FC Sachsen Leipzig