Websites similar to or like Facebook
American online social media and social networking service based in Menlo Park, California, and a flagship service of the namesake company Facebook, Inc. It was founded by Mark Zuckerberg, along with fellow Harvard College students and roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. Wikipedia
American alt-tech social networking service known for its far-right userbase. Widely described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, white nationalists, the alt-right, and QAnon conspiracy theorists, it has attracted users and groups who have been banned from other social media and users seeking alternatives to mainstream social media platforms. Wikipedia
Online social networking community and creative research platform founded by Charles Broskoski, Daniel Pianetti, Chris Barley, and Chris Sherron. Built as a successor to hypertext projects like Ted Nelson's Xanadu, and as an ad-free alternative to social networks like Facebook, forgoing "likes," "favorites," or "shares" in its design. Wikipedia
Free-access social networking service oriented toward a Latin American audience. Users can search and add friends, update their own personal profile, manage their privacy, upload photos and YouTube videos, organize events, challenge other users in 6 multi-player and over 200 single-player games and interact with other people by means of private messages, public comments, photo tags, and a web-based instant messenger. Wikipedia
American blog comment hosting service for web sites and online communities that use a networked platform. The company's platform includes various features, such as social integration, social networking, user profiles, spam and moderation tools, analytics, email notifications, and mobile commenting. Wikipedia
Taiwanese mobile photo sharing, blogging, and social networking service, started in 2003, that enables its users to store pictures or create blogs and share them either publicly or privately on its website. Also available as an application, PIXNET is available at the App Store and the Google Play Store. Wikipedia
Global social networking service for university and secondary school students that provided over 10,400 academic courses of various levels from over 200 OpenCourseWare members worldwide, as well as study groups in various academic disciplines with online chat, and social-network games. OpenCourseWare consortium member. Wikipedia
- Direct access to many worldwide mainstream websites has been blocked in Iran, including Facebook, which has been blocked since 2009 due to the organization of anti-governmental protests on the website.
- TV, the Internet, and social media, particularly Facebook, remain the top source of news and information for majority of Filipinos as newspaper readership continues to decline.
- On November 1, 2017, the site launched a new web series on Facebook, See It/Skip It, hosted by Jacqueline Coley and Segun Oduolowu.
- In April 2019, Business Insider reported The Telegraph had partnered with Facebook to publish articles "downplaying 'technofears' and praising the company".
- Later that month, both Facebook and Alphabet agreed to "cooperate and assist one another" in the face of investigation into their online advertising practices.
- A 2017 study by NewsWhip revealed that AP content was more engaged with on Facebook than content from any individual English-language publisher.
- In Europe, Twitter's Amplify partner is London-based Grabyo, which has also struck numerous deals with broadcasters and rights holders to share video content across Facebook and Twitter.
- By late 2007 and into 2008, Myspace was considered the leading social networking site, and consistently beat out the main competitor Facebook in traffic.
- In addition, NPR's Facebook page has been at the forefront of the company foray into social media.
- Shares were originally set to go on sale for between $16 and $20 each, but the price was cut to $14 by the launch of the IPO on 10 August, following negative comments from Wall Street analysts and Facebook's disappointing stock market debut in May.
- Several Facebook pages that posts memes about student life at the university were created in the 2010s, particularly True 🅱lue, and has impacted the student culture of the institution.
- At its peak in April 2008, Myspace reached 115 million unique users, but narrowly lost to the newly emerging Facebook in terms of global users.
- Google operates a large datacenter in The Dalles, and Facebook built a large datacenter near Prineville in 2010.
- Facebook announced in 2021 that it will make effort stop disinformation about climate change.
- In November 2020, the word "Taiwan" was blocked in comments on a livestream on the WHO's Facebook page.
- The site's layout has been compared to that of Facebook.
- Social networking services such as Facebook have created new ways to socialize and interact.
- New users are able to join Myspace from the app by signing in with Facebook or Twitter or by signing up with email.
- In July 2020, Amazon along with other tech giants Apple, Google and Facebook were accused of maintaining harmful power and anti-competitive strategies to quash potential competitors in the market.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Facebook