Holidays similar to or like Father's Day
Celebration honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds and the influence of fathers in society. Wikipedia
Holiday recognized annually in some parts of the United States on April 10, and as Brothers and Sisters Day on May 31st in Europe, honoring the relationships of siblings. Not federally recognized in the United States, though the Siblings Day Foundation is working to change this. Wikipedia
The Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception celebrates the solemn celebration of belief in the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. Universally celebrated on December 8, nine months before the feast of the Nativity of Mary, which is celebrated on September 8. Wikipedia
Celebrated fifty days after Easter Sunday, commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ while they were in Jerusalem celebrating the Feast of Weeks, as described in the Acts of the Apostles. Also called "White Sunday" or "Whitsunday" or "Whitsun", especially in the United Kingdom, where traditionally the next day, Whit Monday, was also a public holiday . Wikipedia
Holiday celebrated by Christians in the United Kingdom, Ireland and some other Anglophone countries. Generally observed in parishes of the Roman Catholic Church, Church of England, as well as in the rest of the UK and many Anglican parishes throughout the world, especially in Canada and Australia. Wikipedia
Secular holiday celebrated in various countries, with official recognition in some, and occurring on various days of the year, either as one holiday or sometimes as a separate Grandmothers' Day and Grandfathers' Day . In the United States, Russell Capper (age 9 in 1969) sent a letter to President Nixon suggesting a special day be set aside as Grandparents Day. Wikipedia
Popular, traditionally Hindu, annual rite, or ceremony, which is central to a festival of the same name, celebrated in India, Nepal and other parts of the Indian subcontinent, and among people around the world influenced by Hindu culture. On this day, sisters of all ages tie a talisman, or amulet, called the rakhi, around the wrists of their brothers, symbolically protecting them, receiving a gift in return, and traditionally investing the brothers with a share of the responsibility of their potential care. Wikipedia
Largely influenced by the schedule of federal holidays, but is controlled by private sector employers who provide 62% of the total US population with paid time off. A typical work week has historically been 40 hours a week with a Saturday–Sunday weekend, although many professionals are currently expected to work 50 hours a week for fixed salary. Wikipedia
Annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, observed primarily on December 25 as a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. Preceded by the season of Advent or the Nativity Fast and initiates the season of Christmastide, which historically in the West lasts twelve days and culminates on Twelfth Night; in some traditions, Christmastide includes an octave. Wikipedia
Traditional name in some English-speaking countries of the Feast of the Annunciation, which is celebrated on 25 March, and commemorates the visit of the archangel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary, during which he informed her that she would be the mother of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Known in the 1549 Prayer Book of Edward VI and the 1662 Book of Common Prayer as "The Annunciation of the Virgin Mary" but more accurately (as in the modern Calendar of the Church of England) termed "The Annunciation of our Lord to the Blessed Virgin Mary". Wikipedia
Medieval, Christian feast observed on 14 January, celebrating the Flight into Egypt. Celebrated primarily in France, as a by-product of the Feast of Fools celebrating the donkey-related stories in the Bible, in particular the donkey bearing the Holy Family into Egypt after Jesus's birth. Wikipedia
Festival of roses celebrated on various dates, primarily in May, but scattered through mid-July. Sometimes called a rosatio or the dies rosationis, "day of rose-adornment," and could be celebrated also with violets (violatio, an adorning with violets, also dies violae or dies violationis, "day of the violet[-adornment]"). Wikipedia
National holiday in many countries of the Americas and elsewhere which officially celebrates the anniversary of Christopher Columbus's arrival in the Americas on October 12, 1492 . Italian explorer who set sail across the Atlantic Ocean in search of a faster route to the Far East only to land at the New World. Wikipedia
Early episode in the life of Jesus, describing his presentation at the Temple in Jerusalem in order to officially induct him into Judaism, that is celebrated by many Christian Churches on the holiday of Candlemas. Described in the chapter 2 of the Gospel of Luke in the New Testament of the Christian Bible. Wikipedia
Day in February or March immediately preceding Ash Wednesday (the first day of Lent), which is celebrated in some countries by consuming pancakes. Called Mardi Gras or some translation thereof, this is a carnival day, and also the last day of "fat eating" or "gorging" before the fasting period of Lent. Wikipedia
Celebration observed in several countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide, the time in the liturgical year dedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed. Wikipedia
Sentences forFather's Day
- The airport plays host to the Olympic AirShow, a moderate-sized airshow that occurs on Father's Day weekend each year.
- Some of the final themes were videos featuring Snoop Dogg, videos featuring motorcycles, and videos by musicians who have famous fathers, in honor of Father's Day 2003.
- One highlight of the 1964 season occurred on Father's Day, when Jim Bunning pitched a perfect game against the New York Mets, the first in Phillies' history.
- While not a national holiday, it does appear on all printed calendars, much as Father's Day or Christmas Day do in the Western world.
- In addition, promoters considered the downtown circuit a money-loser, and claimed it was suffering from poor television ratings with its Father's Day date (up against the U. S. Open).
- Jackson was expressing his disappointment in Obama's Father's Day speech chastisement of black fathers.
- On 19 June 2009, WHSmith apologised after promoting a book on cellar rapist Josef Fritzl as one of the "Top 50 Books for Dad" as a Father's Day gift.
- The Prairie Villa Rendezvous, a gathering to recreate the atmosphere of a 19th-century fur trading camp, has been held annually in the city every Father's Day weekend since 1975, it attracts tens of thousands of visitors.
- Many Shia Muslims also celebrate Imam Ali's birth anniversary (13th day of Rajab) as Father's Day in Iran.
- His 500th home run came on Father's Day in a game against the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, with his father in the stands; the homer tied Griffey with his father in career hits with 2,143.
- The winners received cash prizes and a trip to Washington, D.C., for a ceremony on Father's Day.
- It complements similar celebrations honoring family members, such as Father's Day, Siblings Day, and Grandparents Day.
- On June 16, 2012, in order to commemorate Father's Day, Yelawolf released a song titled "Happy Father's Day".
- The night before, on Father's Day, he had gone into cardiac arrest, and he was rushed from his home to the hospital.
- The network's music programming consists of the Much Retro Lunch block seen on weekdays and the annual MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVAs), of which most of its ceremonies have been held outside the network's headquarters on 299 Queen Street West during Father's Day weekend from 2002-2017.
- On Father's Day, Big Brother UK credits everyone using their father's name.
- On the night of 17 June 2012, Obied Cano Zepeda, a nephew of Guzmán's, was gunned down by unknown assailants at his home in the state capital of Culiacán, while hosting a Father's Day celebration.
- Edmonds has hosted the annual Edmonds Arts Festival since 1957, with three days of art exhibitions and performances over Father's Day weekend in June.
- Motor Muster is traditionally held on Father's Day weekend.
- Other holidays that the network often features themed marathons include Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Christmas.
- Behind Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, it was the second-highest gross for a film released over the Father's Day weekend.
- Children's Day observations in the United States predate both Mother's and Father's Day, though a permanent annual single Children's Day observation is not made at the national level.
- Rivera was introduced to music in 1992 when she recorded as a Father's Day present to her father; she made more recordings and signed to Capitol/EMI's Latin division.
- The film's successful opening has been attributed to its Cannes premiere, CinemaCon press screening, its critical reception (particularly the 98% Rotten Tomatoes score), good word-of-mouth, Father's Day weekend, and a successful Tuesday-night Fathom screening.
- Among the marathons regularly carried by the network are those of Hazel and Father Knows Best that have respectively aired on Mother's Day and Father's Day annually since 2011 (in the former case, the exceptions were in 2015 and 2016, when it aired marathons of One Day at a Time, Family Ties and Sanford and Son on those holidays); it also airs a 48-hour marathon of holiday-themed episodes of its various series from Christmas_Eve">Christmas Eve until Christmas night, which is interrupted for four hours on Christmas morning by its broadcast of the Yule Log (a filmed loop of logs burning inside a fireplace at Gracie Mansion set to a soundtrack of Christmas music, which first aired on co-owned New York City affiliate WPIX in December 1966).
- Mother's Day and Father's Day are next, with graduation gifts (typically small consumer electronics like digital cameras) often being marketed as "dads and grads" in June (though most college semesters end in May; the grads portion usually refers to high school graduation, which ends one to two weeks after Father's Day in many U.S. states).
- Each June for nine days beginning on the Saturday of the weekend before Father's Day and ending on Father's Day, the city hosts Laconia Motorcycle Week, also more simply known as 'bike week', one of the country's largest rallies, and each winter, the Laconia World Championship Sled Dog Derby.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Father's Day