Holidays similar to or like Father's Day
Day of honouring fatherhood and paternal bonds, as well as the influence of fathers in society. Wikipedia
Secular holiday celebrated in various countries, It is celebrated to show the bond between grandparents and grandchildren. It occurs on various days of the year, either as one holiday or sometimes as a separate Grandmothers' Day and Grandfathers' Day (see below for dates by country). Wikipedia
Holiday recognized annually in some parts of the United States and Canada on April 10, and as Brothers and Sisters Day on May 31 in Europe, honoring the relationships of siblings. Not federally recognized in the United States, though the Siblings Day Foundation is working to change this. Wikipedia
In the Catholic Church, holy days of obligation are days on which the faithful are expected to attend Mass, and engage in rest from work and recreation, according to the Third Commandment. Attached to the holy day, even if transferred to another date, as sometimes happens in the Roman Rite. Wikipedia
List of notable women, either famous themselves or closely associated with someone well known, who suffered maternal death as defined by the World Health Organization : Note that this wording includes abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth, and ectopic pregnancy. Wikipedia
Sixth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars, the second of four months to have a length of 30 days, and the third of five months to have a length of less than 31 days. June contains the summer solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, the day with the most daylight hours, and the winter solstice in the Southern Hemisphere, the day with the fewest daylight hours (excluding polar regions in both cases). Wikipedia
Tenth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars and the sixth of seven months to have a length of 31 days. The eighth month in the old calendar of Romulus c. 750 BC, October retained its name (from the Latin and Greek ôctō meaning "eight") after January and February were inserted into the calendar that had originally been created by the Romans. Wikipedia
Day honouring mothers and mother churches, celebrated in the British Isles and elsewhere in the English-speaking world on the fourth Sunday in Lent since the Middle Ages. On Mothering Sunday, Christians have historically visited their mother church—the church in which they received the sacrament of baptism. Wikipedia
Eighth month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian calendars, and the fifth of seven months to have a length of 31 days. Originally named Sextilis in Latin because it was the sixth month in the original ten-month Roman calendar under Romulus in 753 BC, with March being the first month of the year. Wikipedia
Celebrated the 50th day from Easter Sunday, commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles and other followers of Jesus Christ while they were in Jerusalem celebrating the Feast of Weeks, as described in the Acts of the Apostles. Also called "White Sunday" or "Whitsunday" or "Whitsun", especially in the United Kingdom, where traditionally the next day, Whit Monday, was also a public holiday . Wikipedia
Popular, traditionally Hindu, annual rite, or ceremony, which is central to a festival of the same name, celebrated in India, Nepal and other parts of the Indian subcontinent, and among people around the world influenced by Hindu culture. On this day, sisters of all ages tie a talisman, or amulet, called the rakhi, around the wrists of their brothers, symbolically protecting them, receiving a gift in return, and traditionally investing the brothers with a share of the responsibility of their potential care. Wikipedia
Vacation period in early spring at universities and schools which started during the 1930s in the United States and is now observed in many other countries as well. Frequently associated with extensive gatherings and riotous partying in warm climate locations such as Daytona Beach, Florida and Cancun, Mexico, attended regardless of participants' educational standings. Wikipedia
Eleventh and penultimate month of the year in the Julian and Gregorian Calendars, the fourth and last of four months to have a length of 30 days and the fifth and last of five months to have a length of fewer than 31 days. The ninth month of the calendar of Romulus c. 750 BC. November retained its name when January and February were added to the Roman calendar. Wikipedia
United States federal observances are days, weeks, months, or other periods designated by the United States Congress for the commemoration or other observance of various events, activities, or topics. These observances differ from federal holidays in that federal employees only receive a day free from work on holidays, not observances. Wikipedia
Sentences forFather's Day
- On 6 September (Father's Day), the "Roadmap for Reopening" was announced; a series of four steps towards "COVID Normal" which would begin on 13 September.
- Some of the final themes were videos featuring Snoop Dogg, videos featuring motorcycles, and videos by musicians who have famous fathers, in honor of Father's Day 2003.
- One highlight of the 1964 season occurred on Father's Day, when Jim Bunning pitched a perfect game against the New York Mets, the first in Phillies' history.
- On 19 June 2009, WHSmith apologised after promoting a book on cellar rapist Josef Fritzl as one of the "Top 50 Books for Dad" as a Father's Day gift.
- Jackson was expressing his disappointment in Obama's Father's Day speech chastisement of black fathers.
- In addition, promoters considered the downtown circuit a money-loser, and claimed it was suffering from poor television ratings with its Father's Day date (up against the U. S. Open).
- The airport hosts the Olympic AirShow, a medium-sized airshow that occurs on Father's Day weekend each year.
- While not a national holiday, it does appear on all printed calendars, much as Father's Day or Christmas Day do in the Western world.
- The winners received cash prizes and a trip to Washington, D.C., for a ceremony on Father's Day.
- On June 16, 2012, in order to commemorate Father's Day, Yelawolf released a song titled "Happy Father's Day".
- Many Shia Muslims also celebrate Imam Ali's birth anniversary (13th day of Rajab) as Father's Day in Iran.
- The Prairie Villa Rendezvous, a gathering to recreate the atmosphere of a 19th-century fur trading camp, has been held annually in the city every Father's Day weekend since 1975, it attracts tens of thousands of visitors.
- The night before, on Father's Day, he had gone into cardiac arrest, and he was rushed from his home to the hospital.
- It complements similar celebrations honoring family members, such as Father's Day, Siblings Day, and Grandparents Day.
- Edmonds has hosted the annual Edmonds Arts Festival since 1957, with three days of art exhibitions and performances over Father's Day weekend in June.
- Each season in the weeks leading up to Father's Day, Milken visits many ballparks and appears on TV and radio broadcasts during the games.
- His 500th home run came on Father's Day in a game against the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium, with his father in the stands; the homer tied Griffey with his father in career hits with 2,143.
- Behind Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, it was the second-highest gross for a film released over the Father's Day weekend.
- On the night of 17 June 2012, Obied Cano Zepeda, a nephew of Guzmán's, was gunned down by unknown assailants at his home in the state capital of Culiacán, while hosting a Father's Day celebration.
- Other holidays that the network often features themed marathons include Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Christmas.
- Motor Muster is traditionally held on Father's Day weekend.
- Children's Day observations in the United States predate both Mother's and Father's Day, though a permanent annual single Children's Day observation is not made at the national level.
- Rivera was introduced to music in 1992 when she recorded as a Father's Day present to her father; she made more recordings and signed to Capitol/EMI's Latin division.
- While living in Germany at age 11, Chapman started playing guitar after her mother hid a Framus guitar as a Father's Day gift in her room.
- The network's music programming previously consisted of the Much Retro Lunch block seen on weekdays and the annual MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVAs), of which most of its ceremonies have been held outside the network's headquarters on 299 Queen Street West during Father's Day weekend from 2002 to 2017.
- Each June, for nine days, beginning on the Saturday of the weekend before Father's Day and ending on Father's Day, the city hosts Laconia Motorcycle Week, also more simply known as "Bike Week", one of the country's largest rallies, and each winter, the Laconia World Championship Sled Dog Derby.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Father's Day