Holidays similar to or like Federal holidays in the United States
Calendar date that is recognized and designated by the federal government of the United States as a holiday. Wikipedia
Federal holiday recognized by the United States Postal Service, during which no regular mail is delivered, however Priority Mail Express items will still be delivered as that service functions year round. Though letter carriers have the day off, some postal workers are required to work on holidays, such as clerks dispatching mail, or those working in plant distribution facilities. Wikipedia
Holidays in the United States Virgin Islands include all official holidays of the United States as well as religious and secular holidays designated by the Government of the Virgin Islands. In addition to these holidays, all three islands celebrate multi-day carnivals. Wikipedia
Puerto Rico celebrates all official U.S holidays, and a number of other official holidays established by the Commonwealth government. Additionally, many municipalities celebrate their own Patron Saint Festivals (fiestas patronales in Spanish), as well as festivals honoring cultural icons like Bomba y plena, danza, salsa, hamacas (hammocks), and popular crops such as plantains and coffee. Wikipedia
Sentences forFederal holidays in the United States
- Washington, D.C., observes all federal holidays and also celebrates Emancipation Day on April 16, which commemorates the end of slavery in the district.
- In that year, Congress passed a bill recognizing the first Monday of September as Labor Day and making it an official federal holiday.
- He also reluctantly accepted the continuation of affirmative action programs and the establishment of Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a federal holiday.
- On June 28, 1870, Christmas was formally declared a United States federal holiday.
- A federal holiday called Democracy Day, to coincide with Election Day, has been proposed, and some have proposed moving election day to the weekend.
- Independence Day (colloquially the Fourth of July or July 4) is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the Declaration of Independence of the United States, on July 4, 1776.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Federal holidays in the United States