People similar to or like Ferdinand Magellan
Portuguese explorer who organised the Spanish expedition to the East Indies from 1519 to 1522, resulting in the first circumnavigation of the Earth, which was completed by Juan Sebastián Elcano. Wikipedia
The first voyage around the world in human history. Spanish expedition that sailed from Seville in 1519 under the command of Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese- born explorer but naturalized Spanish, in search of a maritime path to East Asia through the Americas and across the Pacific Ocean, and was concluded by Spanish navigator Juan Sebastian Elcano in 1522. Wikipedia
Informal and loosely defined term for the early modern period approximately from the beginning of the 15th century until the middle of the 17th century in European history, in which sea-faring European nations explored regions across the globe. The extensive overseas exploration, led by the Portuguese and the Spanish, emerged as a powerful factor in European culture, most notably the European rediscovery of the Americas. Wikipedia
Conquistadors (also spelled conquistadores;, also ; ; ; from Spanish and ) were the knights, soldiers and explorers of the Spanish and the Portuguese Empires. During the Age of Discovery, conquistadors sailed beyond Europe to the Americas, Oceania, Africa, and Asia, conquering territory and opening trade routes. Wikipedia
Sentences forFerdinand Magellan
- In 1521, Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan arrived in the area, claimed the islands for Spain, and was then killed at the Battle of Mactan.
- Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan, while in the service of Spain, was the first European to visit the island on March 6, 1521.
- The arrival of Ferdinand Magellan, a Portuguese explorer leading a fleet for Spain, marked the beginning of Spanish colonization.
- Saipan, together with Tinian, was possibly first sighted by Europeans by the Spanish expedition of Ferdinand Magellan, when it made a landing in the southern Marianas on 6 March 1521.
- The ocean was first mapped by Abraham Ortelius; he called it Maris Pacifici following Ferdinand Magellan's description of it as "a pacific sea" during his circumnavigation from 1519 to 1522.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ferdinand Magellan