Boxers similar to or like Floyd Patterson
American professional boxer who competed from 1952 to 1972, and twice reigned as the world heavyweight champion between 1956 and 1962. Wikipedia
American former professional boxer who competed from 2004 to 2017. Undefeated record and held multiple world titles in two weight classes, including the unified WBA , WBC, Ring magazine, and lineal super middleweight titles between 2009 and 2015; and the unified WBA (Undisputed), IBF, WBO, and Ring light heavyweight titles between 2016 and 2017. Wikipedia
Sentences forFloyd Patterson
- However, Floyd Patterson remained the youngest to win the heavyweight championship, doing so at the age 21 during an elimination bout following Rocky Marciano's retirement.
- Once Clay is able to see again, he dominates the fight and Liston quits before round seven, making Clay the second-youngest heavyweight champion at the time after Floyd Patterson.
- Based on Clay's uninspired performance against Jones and Cooper in his previous two fights, and Liston's destruction of former heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson in two first-round knockouts, Clay was a 7–1 underdog.
- In the early 1960s, the seemingly invincible Sonny Liston captured the public imagination with his one-sided destruction of two-time heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson.
- Ali defended his title against former heavyweight champion Floyd Patterson on November 22, 1965.
- On June 26, 1959, 5-1 Swedish underdog Ingemar Johansson defeated Floyd Patterson at the stadium by stoppage in the third round to become world heavyweight champion.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Floyd Patterson