Music genres similar to or like Folk music
Folk music includes traditional folk music and the genre that evolved from it during the 20th-century folk revival. Wikipedia
The British folk revival incorporates a number of movements for the collection, preservation and performance of folk music in the United Kingdom and related territories and countries, which had origins as early as the 18th century. Particularly associated with two movements, usually referred to as the first and second revivals, respectively in the late 19th to early 20th centuries and the mid-20th century. Wikipedia
Popular music of the United Kingdom in the 1970s built upon the new forms of music developed from blues rock towards the end of the 1960s, including folk rock and psychedelic rock. Several important and influential subgenres were created in Britain in this period, by pursuing the limitations of rock music, including British folk rock and glam rock, a process that reached its apogee in the development of progressive rock and one of the most enduring subgenres in heavy metal music. Wikipedia
Form of folk rock which developed in the United Kingdom from the mid 1960s, and was at its most significant in the 1970s. Widely regarded that the success of "The House of the Rising Sun" by British band the Animals in 1964 was a catalyst, prompting Bob Dylan to "go electric", in which, like the Animals, he brought folk and rock music together, from which other musicians followed. Wikipedia
Sentences forFolk music
- Hundreds of restaurants, vendors, and companies open up booths, traditional music, and martial arts are performed, and cultural exhibits are set up.
- The Atlantic Provinces, on the other hand, produce far more traditional musicians, but they are not usually specifically country in nature, usually bordering more on the folk or Celtic genres.
- In addition to Folk, Fado and Classical music, other genres are present at Portugal like pop and other types of modern music, particularly from North America and the United Kingdom, as well as a wide range of Portuguese, Caribbean, Lusophone African and Brazilian artists and bands.
- Music of Azerbaijan builds on folk traditions that reach back nearly a thousand years.
- The material on the first two albums was largely constructed out of extended jams of blues standards and folk songs.
- Warner Bros. made another prescient signing in folk group Peter, Paul & Mary.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Folk music