Automobile engines similar to or like Ford Modular engine
Ford Motor Company's overhead camshaft V8 and V10 gasoline-powered small block engine family. Wikipedia
Family of overhead valve V8 automobile engines produced by Ford Motor Company. Well known and named for its deep skirting, which causes the engine block to resemble a Y. It was introduced in 1954 as a more modern replacement for the outdated side-valved Ford Flathead V8 and was used in a variety of Ford vehicles through 1964. Wikipedia
Eight-cylinder piston engine in which the cylinders share a common crankshaft and are arranged in a V configuration. Produced by the French company Antoinette in 1904 for use in aircraft, and the 1914–1935 Cadillac L-Head engine is considered the first automotive V8 engine to be produced in significant quantities. Wikipedia
Primary V-8 used in General Motors' line of rear-wheel-drive cars and trucks. A "clean sheet" design with only rod bearings, lifters, and bore spacing in common with the longstanding Chevrolet small-block V-8 that preceded it as the basis for GM small-block V-8s. Wikipedia
Sentences forFord Modular engine
- The engine for base Mustangs remained unchanged, while GTs 4.6 L V8 was revised resulting in 315 hp at 6000 rpm and 325 lbft of torque at 4255 rpm.
- in.) (also referred to as the "Coyote".) producing 412 hp and 390 ft-lbs of torque.
- In particular, the Windsor 5.0 was replaced with Ford's new Modular 4.6 L OHC V8 while the Super Coupe's supercharged V6 was enhanced to produce more power and torque.
- Though initially used in the 1994 and 1995 Mustang GTS, GT and Cobra, Ford retired the 302 cid pushrod small-block V8 after nearly 30 years of use, replacing it with the newer Modular 281 cuin SOHC V8 in the 1996 Mustang GT.
- The cylinder firing order was changed to 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3 so that the LS series now corresponds to the firing pattern of other modern V-8 engines (for example the Ford Modular V-8).
- The 5.0 L 'modular V8' engine is currently the Ford Performance Vehicles' V8 engine, released in June 2010.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ford Modular engine