Automobiles similar to or like Ford Taurus
Automobile that was manufactured by the Ford Motor Company in the United States from the 1986 to 2019 model years. Wikipedia
This List of Ford platforms features automobile platforms developed by Ford Motor Company, its present-day subsidiaries (Mazda), as well as those shared from subsidiaries from the past (Mercury, Volvo, Jaguar, and Land Rover). Ford announced in 2014 plans to reduce its vehicle platforms from sixteen to nine. Wikipedia
Automobile that was manufactured by Ford from 1995 to 1999. The first to be completely redesigned from the ground up, and used a rounded, oval-derived design that was very controversial at the time, considered to be the main reason for this model's downfall in the market. Wikipedia
Full-sized luxury sedan that was manufactured and marketed by the Lincoln subdivision of Ford from 2008 to 2016. First shown at the LA Auto Show in November 2007, the MKS began production for the 2009 model year at Ford's Chicago Assembly plant in May 2008 with sales beginning a month later. Wikipedia
The first-generation Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable are automobiles produced by Ford as the first of six generations of the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable. Very influential design that is credited with saving Ford from bankruptcy, bringing many innovations to the marketplace and starting the trend towards aerodynamic design for the American automakers in the North American market. Wikipedia
Nameplate that was applied to three separate generations of vehicles marketed by the Mercury division of Ford Motor Company. Taking its name from Montego Bay, Jamaica, the nameplate made its first appearance for 1967 in the Canadian market as part of the Mercury-derived Meteor model line. Wikipedia
Automobile that was produced by Ford from 1991 to 1995, which served as the second out of six generations of the Ford Taurus. The second-generation Taurus shared all of its mechanical parts with the first-generation Ford Taurus, yet its exterior and interior were nearly completely redesigned. Wikipedia
Sentences forFord Taurus
- It was the first win for Ford's new Taurus, and Wallace's only victory at NASCAR's premier track (as well as his only victory in any restrictor plate race) in a Cup car.
- When the Ford Thunderbird was retired after 1997, without Ford having any two-door intermediate bodies, the four-door Ford Taurus body was used (although NASCAR racers actually have no opening doors).
- During the period 1981–1997, the downsized and aerodynamically clean Thunderbirds were successful in NASCAR stock car racing before they were replaced by Taurus-based bodies in 1998.
- In 1996, Ford Australia imported the boldly-styled third-generation Taurus as a potential replacement of the venerable, but by then dated, Falcon platform.
- He made his only Cup start that season the following week at North Carolina in the No. 90 Ford Taurus for Donlavey Racing, where he started 39th and finished 32nd, five laps down.
- The 1988 Continental went on sale on December 26, 1987 and shared its unibody chassis with the Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable, using its own unique body and interior design.
- Sadler moved up to the Cup Series full-time in 1999, driving the No. 21 Ford Taurus for Wood Brothers Racing.
- The Ford Taurus wagon was discontinued in 2005 and the Ford Focus station wagon was discontinued in 2008.
- In 2009, Ford's European design head Martin Smith suggested that not even the sixth-generation Taurus that was due in 2010 could be a true replacement for the rear-wheel-drive Falcon, despite this time being of similar size.
- After staying out of Cup for several years, Finch purchased a number of Ford Tauruses from Bill Elliott Racing, and ran all of the 2001 schedule's restrictor plate races with Purvis driving the No. 51, only finishing one race.
- The Fusion also became the new body style for Ford automobiles in NASCAR beginning in 2006, replacing the Taurus.
- However, GM CEO Mary Barra later said that unlike Ford and FCA, GM had no plans to exit the sedan market, and at the time stated that the Impala would continue in production as a way to fill the void left by the planned departure of the Ford Taurus in 2019.
- The 2006 season was the first for Ford's all-new Fusion, which replaced the Taurus both in NASCAR and in showrooms.
- The Fusion is positioned between the compact Ford Focus and the full-size Ford Taurus.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ford Taurus