Automobile engines similar to or like Ford Y-block engine
Family of overhead valve V8 automobile engines produced by Ford Motor Company. Wikipedia
Sentences forFord Y-block engine
- The FE was introduced to replace the short-lived (in the USA) Ford Y-block engine, which American cars and trucks were outgrowing.
- For 1954, Ford replaced the long-running Flathead V8 (dating from 1932) with an overhead-valve Y-block V8, with Ford and Mercury receiving their own versions of the engine.
- It was initially equipped with 272cid or 292cid Y-blocks also used on pick-up trucks, using the North American 1966 four-door sedan body.
- Shared with the Fairlane, a 272 cubic-inch Y-block V8 produced 162 hp (2-barrel carburetor) or 182 hp (4-barrel carburetor).
- The Thunderbird's 102.0 in wheelbase frame was a shortened version used in other Fords and the standard 292 cuin Y-block V8 came from Ford's Mercury division.
- The 1955 model was powered by the overhead valve Y-block V8 which had entered partial Australian production with locally sourced components.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ford Y-block engine