Automobile engines similar to or like Ford small block engine
Series of automobile V8 engines built by the Ford Motor Company beginning in July 1961. Wikipedia
Series of big block V8 engines designed by Ford Motor Company. Produced from 1968 to 1998, the Lima engines replaced the MEL engine entirely, along with multiple engines of the medium-block FE engine family; in truck applications, the engines succeeded the much larger Super Duty family. Wikipedia
Series of V8 automobile engines used in normal production by the Chevrolet division of General Motors between 1954 and 2003, using the same basic engine block. Referred to as a "small-block" for its comparative size relative to the physically much larger Chevrolet big-block engines, The small block family spanned from 262 cuin to 400 cuin in displacement. Wikipedia
Sentences forFord small block engine
- Due to development delays in the Modular engine program, the 1990 Lincoln Town Car was released with the same powertrain as its predecessor: the 150 hp 302 cuin Ford small block engine
- In spite of having a smaller displacement, the 4.6L Modular V8 could generate more power than the Town Car's previous 5.0L V8 and could launch the car 0-60 mph 1.5 seconds quicker, all while delivering better fuel efficiency.
- The car continued to use a Ford V8 engine, although in 1988, when the supply of Ford 351 Cleveland engines from Australia ran out, De Tomaso began installing Ford 351 Windsor engines in the Pantera instead.
- All Modular V8s, except for the new 5.0 L Coyote, utilize the same firing order as the Ford 5.0 L HO and 351 CID V8s (1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8).
- Shelby American worked with Ford to re-engineer the GT40 for the '66 season, replacing the 289 cubic inch (4.7 L) engine with Ford's larger, more powerful 427 cu. in. (7.0 L) engine.
- This is the first time that Ford has used the "5.0" designation since the pushrod 5.0 was discontinued and replaced by the 4.6L Modular unit in the mid-90s.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Ford small block engine