National Register of Historic Places similar to or like Fort Wayne (Detroit)
Located in the city of Detroit, Michigan, at the foot of Livernois Avenue in the Delray neighborhood. Wikipedia
Sentences forFort Wayne (Detroit)
- A number of forts, including Fort Wayne, were built by the United States in Michigan during the 19th century out of fears of renewed fighting with Britain.
- Belle Isle was home to the Detroit Futbol League, but games are now held at the Fort Wayne grounds due to field conditions at Belle Isle.
- Headquarters and 1st Battalion stayed at Fort Sheridan, 2nd Battalion was at Fort Wayne (Detroit), Michigan and 3rd Battalion was at Fort Brady, Michigan.
- The U.S. Army constructed Fort Wayne in Detroit in 1842 after the conflict to counter the British presence at Fort Malden in Sandwich.
- Mound-builders lived in the area and mounds were noted at several locations in present-day Detroit, including at Fort Wayne and Springwells.
- No residents of Delray live along either body of water as the land is devoted to riverfront industries and the historic Fort Wayne.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Fort Wayne (Detroit)