Video games similar to or like Fortnite Battle Royale
Free-to-play battle royale online video game developed and published by Epic Games. Wikipedia
Free-to-play multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Carbon Games for Microsoft Windows, with Android and VR version in the works. Fully released in March 2018 under the name AirMech Strike, and additionally released a version on the Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 under the name AirMech Arena. Wikipedia
Action-adventure survival video game developed by Studio Wildcard, in collaboration with Instinct Games, Studios, and Virtual Basement. Released in August 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux, with versions for Android, iOS, and Nintendo Switch in 2018. Wikipedia
Free-to-play, third-person multiplayer online battle arena video game developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios for Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. In Smite, players control a god, goddess, or other mythological figure, and take part in team-based combat, using their abilities and tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player-controlled minions. Wikipedia
Free-to-play simulation video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios, with assistance by Behaviour Interactive, and published by Bethesda Softworks. Released worldwide for iOS devices in June 2015, for Android devices in August 2015, for Microsoft Windows in July 2016, Xbox One in February 2017, and PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch in June 2018. Wikipedia
Free-to-play video game with in-game purchases, developed and published by Super Evil Megacorp for iOS and Android. Version of the MOBA wherein two opposing teams of three or five players fight to destroy the enemy by controlling the path between the bases, which is lined by turrets and guarded by AI-controlled enemy creatures. Wikipedia
Sentences forFortnite Battle Royale
- During an Inside Xbox livestream in September 2018, Microsoft unveiled a 1 TB Fortnite Battle Royale bundle, with online codes to acquire unique in-game Eon-themed items and currency.
- In early May, Marvel and Epic Games announced the "Infinity Gauntlet Limited Time Mashup" mode for Fortnite Battle Royale, where players could find the Infinity Gauntlet hidden on the game map and become Thanos with added abilities.
- A Fortnite bundle with red and blue Joy-Con which included Fortnite Battle Royale exclusive items and in-game currency was released in North America on October 5 and in Japan on November 22.
- Prior to July 2018, Epic took a 30% share of the sales but due to the success of Unreal and Fortnite Battle Royale, Epic retroactively reduced its take to 12%.
- In September 2018, Sony had altered its position on cross-platform play following the release of Fortnite Battle Royale for the Switch, where the lack of cross-platform play had been a point of significant criticism.
- Following the release of the popular Fortnite Battle Royale in 2017, the company gained additional investments that enabled to expand its Unreal Engine offerings, establish esport events around Fortnite, and launch the Epic Games Store.
- Netflix partnered with Epic Games to include some elements of Stranger Things in Fortnite Battle Royale in the weeks preceding the show's third season launch.
- In January 2019, Marshmello collaborated with the free-to-play video game Fortnite Battle Royale to throw an in-game concert, along with releasing merchandise based on the game.
- Known as Fortnite Battle Royale, Epic later released it as a standalone free-to-play game in September 2017.
- In Season 6 of Fortnite Battle Royale, one of the main skins of the season is a gunslinger and cowgirl named "Calamity".
- While formative elements of the battle royale genre had been established before 2017, the genre was defined and grew out from two principal titles through 2017 and 2018: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, followed by Fortnite Battle Royale.
- Following on the popularity of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, a battle royale game released earlier in 2017, Epic developed a variant of Fortnite called Fortnite Battle Royale, which was released in September 2017 as a free-to-play title across computer, console, and mobile platforms.
- The video game Fortnite Battle Royale is briefly shown, including its battle bus and its Floss dance emote.
- The online battle royale game Fortnite: Battle Royale parodies Smokey and his motto in a loading screen featuring Cuddle Team Leader, a woman dressed in a teddy bear costume replacing Smokey and doing his signature finger-pointing pose.
- Epic saw the potential to create their own battle royale mode, and by September 2017, released the free-to-play Fortnite Battle Royale which combined some of the survival elements and mechanics from the main Fortnite game with the Battle Royale gameplay concept.
- The release occurred on the same day as the start of a new season within Fortnite Battle Royale.
- “The Reaper” character skin in Fortnite: Battle Royale was often referred to as John Wick.
- It is available in three distinct game mode versions that otherwise share the same general gameplay and game engine: Fortnite: Save the World, a cooperative shooter-survival game for up to four players to fight off zombie-like creatures and defend objects with fortifications they can build; Fortnite Battle Royale, a free-to-play battle royale game where up to 100 players fight to be the last person standing; and Fortnite Creative, where players are given complete freedom to create worlds and battle arenas.
- For example, Fortnite introduced a temporary mode in an event which is 50-versus-50 player mode in its Fortnite Battle Royale free-to-play game; players are assigned one of the two teams, and work with their teammates to collect resources and weapons towards constructing fortifications as the safe area of the game shrinks down, with the goal to eliminate all the players on the other team.
- Additional titles shown included Daemon X Machina, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee!, Super Mario Party, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Fortnite: Battle Royale, Arena of Valor, Paladins, Minecraft, Overcooked 2, Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Dragon Ball FighterZ, ARK: Survival Evolved, Mario Tennis Aces, Killer Queen Black, Hollow Knight, and Octopath Traveler.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Fortnite Battle Royale