Topics similar to or like Forward (association football)
Association football team who play nearest to the opposing team's goal, and are therefore most responsible for scoring goals. Wikipedia
In games of association football teams compete to score the most goals during the match. Scored when the ball passes completely over a goal line at either end of the field of play between two centrally positioned upright goal posts 24 feet apart and underneath a horizontal crossbar at a height of 8 feet (2.44 m) — this frame is itself referred to as a goal. Wikipedia
Player who controls the flow of the team's offensive play, and is often involved in passing moves which lead to goals, through their vision, technique, ball control, creativity, and passing ability. Attacking midfielder, but the two types of midfielders are not necessarily the same, as playmakers are not necessarily constrained to a single position. Wikipedia
Use of electronic aid to determine if a goal has been scored or not. Method used to determine when the ball has completely crossed the goal line in between the goal-posts and underneath the crossbar with the assistance of electronic devices and at the same time assisting the referee in awarding a goal or not. Wikipedia
Sentences forForward (association football)
- The term was initially applied to the role of an inside forward in the WM and Metodo formations in Italian, but later came to be used to describe a specific type of central midfielder.
- These terms can apply to left or right midfielders, left or right attacking midfielders, or left or right forwards.
- In the 2−3−5 formation popular in the late 19th century wingers remained mostly near the touchlines of the pitch, and were expected to cross the ball for the team's inside and centre forwards.
- However, not all attacking midfielders are trequartistas – some attacking midfielders are very vertical and are essentially auxiliary attackers who serve to link-up play, hold up the ball, or provide the final pass, i.e. secondary strikers.
- Midfielders are generally positioned on the field between their team's defenders and forwards.
- The following championship Vélez finished 6th, and team's forward Salvador Carreras was the first player of the club to become top scorer in an Argentine league.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Forward (association football)