Topics similar to or like Fossil
Any preserved remains, impression, or trace of any once-living thing from a past geological age. Wikipedia
Although the phylogenetic classification of non-vertebrate animals (both extinct and extant) remains a work-in-progress, the following taxonomy attempts to be useful by combining both traditional (old) and new (21st-century) paleozoological terminology. Not intended to be all-inclusive or completely comprehensive. Wikipedia
- Fossil evidence for Pangaea includes the presence of similar and identical species on continents that are now great distances apart.
- Fossil remains of true finches are rare, and those that are known can mostly be assigned to extant genera at least.
- Fossils, animal tracks/burrows and even raindrop impact craters are sometimes preserved on shale bedding surfaces.
- Fossil evidence indicates six species of land birds (two rails, two parrots, one owl, and one heron), all of which have become extinct.
- Fossil charcoal indicates that wildfires began soon after the appearance of terrestrial plants 420 million years ago.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Fossil