Bilateral relations similar to or like France–United Kingdom relations
France–United Kingdom relations are the relations between the governments of the French Republic and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK). Wikipedia
The history of the foreign relations of the United Kingdom covers British foreign policy from about 1500 to 2000. For the current situation since 2000 see Foreign relations of the United Kingdom. Wikipedia
The British people, or Britons, are the citizens of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British Overseas Territories, and the Crown dependencies. British nationality law governs modern British citizenship and nationality, which can be acquired, for instance, by descent from British nationals. Wikipedia
The economic history of the United Kingdom relates the economic development in the British state from the absorption of Wales into the Kingdom of England after 1535 to the modern United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland of the early 21st century. Scotland, England, and Wales shared a monarch from 1601 but their economies were run separately until they were unified in the 1707 Act of Union. Wikipedia
Sentences forFrance–United Kingdom relations
- Henry's efforts to preserve and expand on this patrimony for the Crown of England would mark the beginning of the long rivalry between France and England.
- The Middle East Question was settled by the London Straits Convention of 1841, which permitted the first reconciliation between France and Britain.
- Antipathy and intermittent hostilities between France and Britain, as distinct from England, continued during later centuries.
- The action soured Anglo-French relations and inhibited further defections to the Allies.
- Maclean kept Moscow informed in regard to relations between Germany and the British Empire, on the one hand, and Britain and France on the other, as the French foreign minister Georges Bonnet worked to end French security commitments in Eastern Europe.
- However, the final decision was between London and Paris, the largest cities and capitals of the United Kingdom and France, two nations with a history of rivalry.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: France–United Kingdom relations