Coins similar to or like Franklin half dollar
Coin that was struck by the United States Mint from 1948 to 1963. Wikipedia
Commemorative fifty-cent piece struck by the United States Bureau of the Mint in 1935 and 1936. Robert I. Aitken designed the coin. Wikipedia
Sentences forFranklin half dollar
- Williams' design was liked by the public but attracted criticism from some numismatists as the Liberty Bell had been previously used on coinage (for example, on the Franklin half dollar).
- The Mint quickly issued a statement denying this, confirming that the initials were indeed Sinnock's. The same rumor arose after the release of the Sinnock designed Franklin half dollar in April 1948.
- Although Sinnock died before the coin was issued, the Franklin half dollar went into production at the start of 1948, ending the Walking Liberty series.
- From 1948 to 1963, Franklin's portrait was on the half-dollar.
- Its first use on a circulating coin was on the reverse side of the Franklin half dollar, struck between 1948 and 1963.
- She is known for establishing the Franklin half dollar and starting the making of proof coins for public sale.
This will create an email alert. Stay up to date on result for: Franklin half dollar